GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Importing....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:08
Regular
I’ve wanted Animal Forest/Crossing for ages now and it doesn’t look like it’s gonna come out over here so I think I’ll import it. I’ve never done this before (and wouldn’t be doing it if there wasn’t a Freeloader), so I need you’re help.

- What sites can I order it from? and what are their delivery times like? as I don’t want to be waiting a month for it.

- When you have the game what’s it like loading it with the Freeloader, how do you do it and does it take long?

- Can you buy the Freeloader separately, without the Action Replay thingy or do you have to get them both at the same time?

- Would it matter if I got Freeloader 1.04 instead of 1.06 if I was just getting it for AC?

- Do you get a memory card with AC? As I’ve heard it takes up most of the card.

- Does my TV have to have any NTSC capabilities?

Joe
(I’ll probably have more questions that I can’t think of now)
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:08
Regular
I’ve wanted Animal Forest/Crossing for ages now and it doesn’t look like it’s gonna come out over here so I think I’ll import it. I’ve never done this before (and wouldn’t be doing it if there wasn’t a Freeloader), so I need you’re help.

- What sites can I order it from? and what are their delivery times like? as I don’t want to be waiting a month for it.

- When you have the game what’s it like loading it with the Freeloader, how do you do it and does it take long?

- Can you buy the Freeloader separately, without the Action Replay thingy or do you have to get them both at the same time?

- Would it matter if I got Freeloader 1.04 instead of 1.06 if I was just getting it for AC?

Joe
(I’ll probably have more questions that I can’t think of now)
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"

---

Either www.goblindirect.com or www.kingcube.co.uk. Both get the game to you two days after you order, and are cheap.

---

---

It's fine at loading. Put the Freeloader in, wait about 10 seconds (it'll tell you when Freeloader has loaded), remove Freeloader and put in AC and it'll start.

---

---

Freeloader and Action Replay are different things. Action Replay is just a Freeloader that allows cheats. FL = £15-£20. AR = £25-£30.

---

---

You don't want 1.04. Get 1.06.

---

---

You get a memory card with AC as it takes up the whole thing.

---

---

Nope.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Joe Dark wrote:
> - What sites can I order it from? and what are their delivery times
> like? as I don’t want to be waiting a month for it.

I got mine from ebay for £28, and i paid with paypal. I might be albe to give you the email addy.

> - When you have the game what’s it like loading it with the
> Freeloader, how do you do it and does it take long?

Put in Freeloader wait a few seconds, swap the disks and you're away!

> - Can you buy the Freeloader separately, without the Action Replay
> thingy or do you have to get them both at the same time?

You can by Freeloader seperatly, but some retailers offer AR for only a £1 dearer.

> - Would it matter if I got Freeloader 1.04 instead of 1.06 if I was
> just getting it for AC?

Animal Crossing works fine with both versions but you should get 1.06b anyway.

> - Do you get a memory card with AC? As I’ve heard it takes up most of
> the card.

You get a memory card with all copies of the game.

> - Does my TV have to have any NTSC capabilities?

Yes your tv must me NTSC compatible, mine wasnt and it ran in black and white... all reasonably new tv's (<10years) should be fine.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:18
Regular
"the burning sky"
You beat me!
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Yes your tv must me NTSC compatible, mine wasnt and it ran in black
> and white... all reasonably new tv's (<10years) should be fine.

---

You have a strange TV.

I wasn't informed of this when I bought the game.

It worked fine anyway, but still, I didn't think you'd need a TV NTSC compatible.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yes, as i said most reasonably new tv's are fine, but my previous one was at least 15 years old (my uncle offloaded it to me, piece of crap that it is) I was fortunate that the TV had a scart socket or even a remote!!
Sat 19/04/03 at 20:40
"period drama"
Mine's like that.
It play 60Mhz games in black and white. To get in colour you need an adapter which costs about £35.

If I had money I'd actually have this stuff, rather than just know about it.
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:00
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i got mine from goblin direct theyre pretty fast (if u send the cheque to the right address)

but anyway youll probly order by credit card

www.goblindirect.co.uk

i run mine with action replay and it runs great
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:04
Regular
Thanks for your help guys.

Kingcube seems expensive (£46.99 for just the game) so I'll probably get it from goblindirect.com or importmadness.com, (or somewhere else if you know of any other sites)

Goblin are offering 'Animal Crossing GC USA + free Freeloader 1.04' (£38.99), they seem to be trying to offload all of their Freeloader 1.04's, I might get this as I don't think I'll be importing any more games but there could be more, I'd need v 1.06 for other games.

So I might get just the game from Import Madness as it's £29.99, then I'd get a Freeloader 1.06.

Does anyone know the delivery importmadess and Goblin charage as I can't find it on their sites?
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:08
"period drama"
Tried newageconsoles.com?

I can't remeber which is which, but one of them had the AR with Freeloader for £20. And AC for 30.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.