GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Country Makes The Best Games??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 12:40
Regular
Hhhmmm...
Just who does makes/publishes the best games?
The U.K with Rare and Codemasters etc....
America the kings of the mindless action games like first-person shooters like Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Turok etc...
France with the occasional Asterix title.
Or is it Japan with Nintendo, Sega, Squaresoft, Konami Capcom, Namco (the list goes on...)

Although many other countries make games (i think Operation Flashpoint was made by Bohemia Interactive-from Czech Republic, but correct me if i'm wrong..)

I'd have to vote for Japan, for thousands of reasons..
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Hhhmmm...
Just who does makes/publishes the best games?
The U.K with Rare and Codemasters etc....
America the kings of the mindless action games like first-person shooters like Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Turok etc...
France with the occasional Asterix title.
Or is it Japan with Nintendo, Sega, Squaresoft, Konami Capcom, Namco (the list goes on...)

Although many other countries make games (i think Operation Flashpoint was made by Bohemia Interactive-from Czech Republic, but correct me if i'm wrong..)

I'd have to vote for Japan, for thousands of reasons..
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Not sure which all round country makes the best but i am heavily attarcted to Rare's games. I like the likes of DK, Golden Eye etc. One of the best developers in the world in my opinion.

**awaits Goatboy's stick/fist/other weapon he may be concealing for liking a nintendo developer**
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Take it a step further, which developer is your favourite, RARE, ID, etc? (etc isn't a publisher by the way, I just mean etcetera, I think thats spelled right)
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
Japan, without a doubt
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:59
Regular
Scotland.........
Thu 22/11/01 at 13:01
"fighting chips?"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Take it a step further, which developer is your favourite, RARE, ID, etc? (etc
> isn't a publisher by the way, I just mean etcetera, I think thats spelled
> right)

It is actually spelt "et cetera" (which is Latin for 'and the rest').
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:34
Regular
Just out of interest (haven't actually read the topic) but how exactly did you post this here? Newbies aren't meant to be able to, I mean the only person so far to be able to do it has been Turbonutter. Care to explain?
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:47
well japan makes the most games but the americans make the best ones. british make history!
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Not your monkey"
MJswerve wrote:
> Just out of interest (haven't actually read the topic) but how exactly did you
> post this here? Newbies aren't meant to be able to, I mean the only person so
> far to be able to do it has been Turbonutter. Care to explain?

Didnt post the original but just to let you know...we can post in any forum except in the prime topic one!
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:50
vote turbo nutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.