GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2011"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2011'.
Sun 15/08/10 at 10:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Seeing as this game is likely to be popular with a few on this forum, it is probably worth it's own thread. This week Football Manager 2011 was officially announced (after the leak a fortnight or so ago) and it is looking good.

Because I was busy with other games I didn't pick up FM10, but (despite a WoW expansion coming this year) I am definitely looking to pick this one up.

The inclusion of Dynamic League reputations is a big plus for me, as I enjoy managing in 'non-standard' leagues, trying to improve it.

Announcements below:

Official Announcement
YouTube video of the features
Eurogamer Interview
More in-game images
Sun 15/08/10 at 10:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Seeing as this game is likely to be popular with a few on this forum, it is probably worth it's own thread. This week Football Manager 2011 was officially announced (after the leak a fortnight or so ago) and it is looking good.

Because I was busy with other games I didn't pick up FM10, but (despite a WoW expansion coming this year) I am definitely looking to pick this one up.

The inclusion of Dynamic League reputations is a big plus for me, as I enjoy managing in 'non-standard' leagues, trying to improve it.

Announcements below:

Official Announcement
YouTube video of the features
Eurogamer Interview
More in-game images
Sun 15/08/10 at 16:30
Regular
"How Ironic"
After 'acquiring' FM10, I was unimpressed. I've got a review lined up about it, just waiting to see if it's worth chucking in this week, you know how competetive the review forum gets ;P
Sun 15/08/10 at 16:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You should never 'acquire' games like FM. They tend to build things into it so that it ruins the game experience.
Mon 16/08/10 at 12:05
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Grandprix wrote:
> You should never 'acquire' games like FM. They tend to build
> things into it so that it ruins the game experience.

This. Never judge a paid-for game by it's free/cracked version. If you enjoy management sim games, I would still advise you pick it up Chris.
Mon 16/08/10 at 15:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't understand :S It ran completely fine, I just didn't enjoy the game. I've had a short go on the proper version, and it was the same.

Wow, I made a poem :D
Mon 16/08/10 at 16:07
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Edited the original post to include an interview with Miles Jacobsen. There is also a podcast available that gives some more information and is worth a listen if you are interested in the game.
Sun 29/08/10 at 11:04
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The second podcast is available now, which gives some more details of the newer additions to the games. Highlights from this podcast are as follows:

*This is taken from a 'Feature Roulette' feature, so is a little random in what it throws up*

Press Conferences: Added specific questions for super cup competitions.
A news item telling of a change of seeding for European competitions.
Extra default options for training schedules (Defenders, Midfielders, Strikers etc.)
Match screen revamp. Ability to turn player condition boxes on or off during TV view.
Data editor: Added ability to filter by next and other division.
Press Conferences: Added specific questions regarding title challenge, promotion challenge, relegation battles etc.
Data Editor: Most international caps and goals for a nation are now editable.
Improved and more varied goal descriptions for news items when they are scored.
Newgens: Done on a nation by nation basis. National playing traits according to country instead by a generic template according to player type.
Some guff about EU rules and the Italian league.
Match viewer: Improvements to stadium stands.
Data Editor: Club duplication keeps all information including kits!
Wed 08/09/10 at 14:45
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
A lot more images released yesterday plus some extra bits of information over the course of the weekend:

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.

Match analysis improvements – lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show match actions for all the players of the team at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately. There is also a new view for average positions of players during the match and a heat map view showing where they've spent most time on the pitch.

Set Piece Creator – Much like Football Manager 2010’s Tactics Creator, we’ve now added a Set Piece Creator to the game which allows you to set up your set piece routines in a much more intuitive and user-friendly manner.

B-Team & Amateur revamp, making them more accurate than ever before. Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

Still no official release date though :(
Mon 20/09/10 at 13:23
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Looks like we finally have a release date of November 5th. Only a week later than first rumoured so not bad at all. Looking forward to it now.

Myself and a couple of other friends will all be starting with the same team this year (Charlton) and seeing the differing ways our careers go from there. Last team we did this, two of us started at Swansea, I ended up taking Lincoln to the Champions League via stints in Argentina, Belgium and Scotland. I find doing this is much more enjoyable to starting with a big team and flattening everything before you.
Mon 20/09/10 at 14:47
Regular
"And in last place.."
There is something more satisfying with making a smaller team successful. Taking Gillingham into the champions league was my highlight on one of the PSP versions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.