GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 10? Anyone? "

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2010'.
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Football Manager 10 is the only game I play on my PC. Was just wondering if anyone else plays it/used to play it etc. because there's quite alot to discuss within the game (ie. Wonderkids, tactics etc.)
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:13
Regular
"How Ironic"
Football Manager 10 is the only game I play on my PC. Was just wondering if anyone else plays it/used to play it etc. because there's quite alot to discuss within the game (ie. Wonderkids, tactics etc.)
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, I have Football Manager 10. I'm useless tactically but I'm good at building a team on a budget.
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:29
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've been playing Football Manager 08 on my PSP all week. I prefer it on the PSP, less options and stats to get bogged down with. I can whizz through half a season in the time it takes me to play 1 match on the PC.
Wed 11/08/10 at 14:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
I get way too involved in the game. It's one of few games I can play for hours on end. If you play it on PC, I recommend downloading custom update packs, I got one yesterday, was very good. Had Martin O'Neill leaving Aston Villa and everything.

Bad choice selecting Liverpool as my team though. 2 million gets taken out of my transfer budget every month thanks to the debt. Wish Hicks/Gillett would sell the club on the game, and in real life.
Wed 11/08/10 at 15:05
Regular
"And in last place.."
The last time I played a PC version was a free trial of FM Live but I had to cancel at the end of my free time or I wouldn't have been in employment right now.
Wed 11/08/10 at 15:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
It is addictive, and it's hard to understand why, it's not actually the greatest game in the world, and the gameplay, you would think, would get boring, just watching stickmen kick a ball around.

FM10 is my first FM (lets just say I didn't 'buy it') and I was surprised at the quality of the game engine. I was expecting a FIFA standard graphical experience what with the modern technology available. The players looks like they've been drawn on MS Paint though, the press headlines are extremely repetetive, as are the press conferences, general interactions with players, staff and the press are boring, but all of this still doesn't put me off.
Wed 11/08/10 at 15:35
Regular
"And in last place.."
You don't even get stick men on the PSP. In later versions you can opt to have highlights when there is a goal which involves circles representing the players.

It's no where near as deep as the PC version but it's still as addictive but as you say, not sure why. I did the full 30 season career on the 2007 version.

I'm not sure if it works on the PC but I do all my shopping in January for the following season. I pick up some quality players for nothing and then sell them on for a tidy profit once the big guns spot how well they are doing.
Wed 11/08/10 at 16:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
It's near enough impossible to get young stars for nothing if you're a big club. I tryed to get hold of Everton Reserve Jose Baxter, valued at £1.2M, Everton wanted £5M for him. I happen to know he becomes a fantastic striker, so was willing to pay the price tag. Baxter refused to join a rival merseysider apparently, despite the ridiculous wages and signing on fee I was offering him.
Wed 11/08/10 at 16:31
Regular
"And in last place.."
I figured it would be tougher on the PC. I've previously signed bargains on pre-contract and then can sell them to a premiership team for £30m a few months later.

I've had a lot of people not interested in coming to my team on the 2008 version though.
Wed 11/08/10 at 17:38
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I couldn't get into FM10. Dunno what it was about it, but I can't enjoy it as much as the 09 version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.