GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Connections"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/07 at 09:31
Regular
Couldn't find another suitable topic, and I figure starting a new one is a waste of time..

Just like to know if anyone else is experiencing connection drops after upgrading to the 8mb Max ADSL 2 service?

Since we upgraded, We can go several hours OK, then have the connection drop every 5-10 minutes for an hour.

So far, I've had a BT engineer in (Thanks, Freeola for organising that) who says I'm getting a good data rate and good signal to noise ratio.
I've tried a different router and different cable from router to socket.

At first I thought it might be one of the computers, but the drops have been happening at 03:00 in the morning as well according to the router logs when none of the computers are on.

I do have an on-going ticket with support, but I'd like to know if anyone else is having the same of similar problems.

Cheers,
Bazz
Thu 17/05/07 at 09:31
Regular
Couldn't find another suitable topic, and I figure starting a new one is a waste of time..

Just like to know if anyone else is experiencing connection drops after upgrading to the 8mb Max ADSL 2 service?

Since we upgraded, We can go several hours OK, then have the connection drop every 5-10 minutes for an hour.

So far, I've had a BT engineer in (Thanks, Freeola for organising that) who says I'm getting a good data rate and good signal to noise ratio.
I've tried a different router and different cable from router to socket.

At first I thought it might be one of the computers, but the drops have been happening at 03:00 in the morning as well according to the router logs when none of the computers are on.

I do have an on-going ticket with support, but I'd like to know if anyone else is having the same of similar problems.

Cheers,
Bazz
Thu 17/05/07 at 10:24
Regular
I take it you've seen the on-going item on the status page concerning disconnections? Some other posts here also mention similar issues.

I guess you are out of your 10 day training period, when disconnections are expected?

I've just re-graded from a fixed 512 service to MAX (2nd May)
and so far have been very happy with the service. I turn my router off at night so haven't been affected by any regular disconnections.

I'm afraid none of this really helps you though! What router are you using? Can you post you sync speed, SNR, Attenuation and bRAS profile in case that highlights anything strange?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.