GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"bad house keeping"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/08/10 at 19:57
Regular
Message sent to freeola tonight!...

I discovered tonight that an email address on a domain we own has had forwarding stopped, I phoned the call centre tonight to see what was going on and the first chap I spoke to was rather rude in the fact that he said that "Freeola " would have done house keeping on the domain and removed forwarding!

I asked on what authority did they do that? he said they can do what they please!

My second call the agent was more receptive and actually showed some concern on this matter, hence my email to you tonight.

I find it shocking that as we bought the domain and pay £25 odd a month for the hosting that we cant do our own house keeping, he stated that they would have sent an email to the forwarding address and to the domain owner, but neither received this email, as as no one replied Freeola assumed wrongly that the forwarding email address was not in use.

As this email was for the treasurer of the riding for the Disabled we feel that your actions could have cost this charity a lot of lost money in donations or what ever!, please can you assure me that in future you will let me as webmaster do my own house keeping on the domains that we own, fair enough you can look after your Freeola 500 email address, they are yours after all, but my domains should be my concern.

It would appear that forwarding has been off since about April or May, about the same time we did get an email from you when a server went down and we had to re upload the web site, would that have caused this?

can you also clarify how house keeping is done? as a look in to my wife account shows many dormant Freeola 500 emails that clearly you own but have chosen NOT to housekeep, or delete yet you did delete a very important ACTIVE non freeola address.

I look forward to your reply

Kind Regards

Mr Well upset at Freeola
Tue 03/08/10 at 18:03
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Hmmm... has already pointed out ways we can improve this,
> which we took on board and have implemented almost immediately.

Hi Warhunt.
That sounds good :¬)

Can you say how things will now work?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 03/08/10 at 10:20
Regular
Cheers warhunt yeah I have been in touch but I do think that it would be handy to have any info on the forum as well as some users (like me) usually look here for this kind of info / feedback
Tue 03/08/10 at 09:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I think you may have misread my information or assumed incorrectly there.

If you want an official response, send a letter. This is because this is the procedure we have agreed upon (regulations etc), and use generally. It has nothing to do with "chance of being received" etc at all.

We have improved methods of customers being contacted etc for future events based on user (and Hmmm....) comments so that we can better inform the customer who manages the address as well as the owner of the recipient address.

I notice you have been contacted by a colleague in response to your email so I would suggest you continue this method of correspondence.
Tue 03/08/10 at 09:16
Regular
Hi Warhunt

Thanks for your reply and I have had a reply from the email I sent also, I take on board what your saying and I do understand, ...BUtT I still stand by what I said and lets face it you shot yourself in the foot at the end of your message on this forum!

You say (probably rightly so) "On a slight off note. Generally complaints must all be submitted
> in writing, as this is standard company procedure. We can not
> guarantee an official response if you have sent an email to a
> colleagues personal email address"

This as I see it is correct as EMAIL is not to be trusted and can get lost or not delivered! so in writing to you it would be official and received (am i right in my thinking?)

Yet you (Freeola) are happy to expect me to be emailed about this issue, so maybe you should confirm your email about removal of forwarding with a letter to the registered keeper? then if no reply then fair enough stop it, at least then I cant deny that I never got the letter, one thing for sure though in this case neither my wife nor the treasarure of the RDA got any email from Freeola

I think that sums it up, one rule for freeola and another for the customer?

would she be able to log in directly to only her email webmail from a non freeola line with out paying £3 a month for email freedom?

Digi

Warhunt wrote:
> Let me apologise first off if you feel one of the colleagues in
> the office has been abrubt or rude in any way. I believe our
> general reputation with customer service shows this is not common
> place, and it is displeasing to hear of this incident.
>
> To explain about email forwarding housekeeping:
>
> The systems run this process on a semi-regular basis, I believe
> choosing a section of sr numbers to process. This selection would
> include number of email addresses which have been using
> forwarding for a set period of time.
>
> As with all most things in IT, some people will not maintain
> their account after creating it, leaving their addresses
> forwarding when they;
>
> a) Don't have the address anymore
> b) Don't really monitor the receiving address
> c) Don't maintain (or require) the forwarding address
>
> This causes problems for ourselves, as if forwarding is left on
> without really being used there is a chance that our servers will
> be marked as spam or effected detrimentally in other ways by the
> recipients hosts (if the address no longer exists etc).
>
> This effects all our users and is the primary reason we run
> this procedure
. This is why it is necessary, among other in
> house reasons, to check that users are still using the
> forwarding.
>
> I can not stress enough that users are sent notifications,
> and only if we do not receive a response
, do we take any
> action. The notification is very simple, and only requires a
> minute of time (if that), so we do try and keep it as easy as we
> can.
>
> Hmmm... has already pointed out ways we can improve this,
> which we took on board and have implemented almost immediately.
>

>
> Whilst we appreciate that the domain registration is your own,
> the mail servers are run by Freeola and, whilst my colleague may
> have been able to word it in a more "friendly" way, we
> need to (and will) make these changes or procedures when
> required.

>
> I mention semi-regular earlier because of this very point. we
> try and do them only when required to maintain general
> service

>
> On a slight off note. Generally complaints must all be submitted
> in writing, as this is standard company procedure. We can not
> guarantee an official response if you have sent an email to a
> colleagues personal email address, which is what I imagine you
> have done.
Tue 03/08/10 at 08:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Let me apologise first off if you feel one of the colleagues in the office has been abrubt or rude in any way. I believe our general reputation with customer service shows this is not common place, and it is displeasing to hear of this incident.

To explain about email forwarding housekeeping:

The systems run this process on a semi-regular basis, I believe choosing a section of sr numbers to process. This selection would include number of email addresses which have been using forwarding for a set period of time.

As with all most things in IT, some people will not maintain their account after creating it, leaving their addresses forwarding when they;

a) Don't have the address anymore
b) Don't really monitor the receiving address
c) Don't maintain (or require) the forwarding address

This causes problems for ourselves, as if forwarding is left on without really being used there is a chance that our servers will be marked as spam or effected detrimentally in other ways by the recipients hosts (if the address no longer exists etc).

This effects all our users and is the primary reason we run this procedure. This is why it is necessary, among other in house reasons, to check that users are still using the forwarding.

I can not stress enough that users are sent notifications, and only if we do not receive a response, do we take any action. The notification is very simple, and only requires a minute of time (if that), so we do try and keep it as easy as we can.

Hmmm... has already pointed out ways we can improve this, which we took on board and have implemented almost immediately.

Whilst we appreciate that the domain registration is your own, the mail servers are run by Freeola and, whilst my colleague may have been able to word it in a more "friendly" way, we need to (and will) make these changes or procedures when required.

I mention semi-regular earlier because of this very point. we try and do them only when required to maintain general service

On a slight off note. Generally complaints must all be submitted in writing, as this is standard company procedure. We can not guarantee an official response if you have sent an email to a colleagues personal email address, which is what I imagine you have done.
Mon 02/08/10 at 20:46
Regular
Like I say Hmmm they are NOT consitant in this so called "HOUSEKEEPING" they are removing valid email adreeses, from a Domain we own and maintain for a charity, and yet redundant freeola 500 email adresses are still sitting in the same account, where is the logic in that?

The second agent asked me to write in with my complaint, but as I said in this age of technology surely the head of IT support must have an email address, so I have emailed him, lets hope he sees where I am coming from,

Digi

Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Digi,
> Sorry to hear you've been caught out.
> I was also caught out when Freeola performed
> email
> house keeping
the other month.
>
> I'll be interested in Freeola's reply as it caused me quite a
> lot of pain :¬(
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 02/08/10 at 20:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
Sorry to hear you've been caught out.
I was also caught out when Freeola performed email house keeping the other month.

I'll be interested in Freeola's reply as it caused me quite a lot of pain :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 02/08/10 at 19:57
Regular
Message sent to freeola tonight!...

I discovered tonight that an email address on a domain we own has had forwarding stopped, I phoned the call centre tonight to see what was going on and the first chap I spoke to was rather rude in the fact that he said that "Freeola " would have done house keeping on the domain and removed forwarding!

I asked on what authority did they do that? he said they can do what they please!

My second call the agent was more receptive and actually showed some concern on this matter, hence my email to you tonight.

I find it shocking that as we bought the domain and pay £25 odd a month for the hosting that we cant do our own house keeping, he stated that they would have sent an email to the forwarding address and to the domain owner, but neither received this email, as as no one replied Freeola assumed wrongly that the forwarding email address was not in use.

As this email was for the treasurer of the riding for the Disabled we feel that your actions could have cost this charity a lot of lost money in donations or what ever!, please can you assure me that in future you will let me as webmaster do my own house keeping on the domains that we own, fair enough you can look after your Freeola 500 email address, they are yours after all, but my domains should be my concern.

It would appear that forwarding has been off since about April or May, about the same time we did get an email from you when a server went down and we had to re upload the web site, would that have caused this?

can you also clarify how house keeping is done? as a look in to my wife account shows many dormant Freeola 500 emails that clearly you own but have chosen NOT to housekeep, or delete yet you did delete a very important ACTIVE non freeola address.

I look forward to your reply

Kind Regards

Mr Well upset at Freeola

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.