GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You thoughts on 'Game Of The Year 2010?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 13:00
"Life's a conspiracy"
Which game do you think will get it, heres my choices:

Mafia 2
Bad company 2
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Anyone got any Idea's?
Sat 24/07/10 at 13:00
"Life's a conspiracy"
Which game do you think will get it, heres my choices:

Mafia 2
Bad company 2
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Anyone got any Idea's?
Sat 24/07/10 at 13:03
Regular
i dont know coz i anint played any of dem games!
Sat 24/07/10 at 13:16
"Life's a conspiracy"
any other games, that you would like to add?
Sat 24/07/10 at 14:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Considering 3 of the 6 games you mentioned aren't even out yet, it is too soon to consider them as game of the year.

I'd probably throw Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption as my personal favourites so far.
Sat 24/07/10 at 17:36
"Life's a conspiracy"
I loved Mass Effect 2!
Sat 24/07/10 at 17:49
Regular
"How Ironic"
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake
FF XIII
Gran Turismo 5

Top 5 games of the year IMO
Sun 25/07/10 at 00:21
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
I see nothing that will take over from Super Street Fighter IV as my personal GOTY, but this is probably just because I haven't played Mario Galaxy 2 yet. I think that Red Dead Redemption is definitely in line for most website/magazine awards, though.

As for a shot out of left field, why not something like Angry Birds?
Sun 25/07/10 at 02:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Would be interesting to see an iPod game win game of the year, but it's highly unlikely. I can see Red Dead Redemption clinching it myself. Despite the fact I'm bored with it already, it's something abit different (in terms of setting ie. the old west) but it's still got elements of GTA in it.
Sun 25/07/10 at 03:05
Regular
"Mooching around"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Alan Wake
> FF XIII

Really? Of all the games that came out? :P

I imagine it'll be dull and be between Red Dead and Halo: Reach.

I don't understand why Red Dead is getting such high praise, it's really quite... I don't want to say average, but it's not above it in my books either. Granted I was never one for GTAIV, after I got over the ooo physics, gun shots in my car and the, to be fair, very fun bank heist mission, but I just don't see the fun in it.

The AI is bland and the shootouts get stale quickly, I found myself just exploring. Which is fine, it's a great world, but Google Earth gives me the same experience.

Halo Reach, if betas are anything to go by, will be a fun multiplayer but just not GotY.
Sun 25/07/10 at 12:35
Regular
Have you any idea how many tens SMG2 got? If it doesn't get game of the year then that's pretty bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.