GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm not going to watch that"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 00:17
Regular
Every once in a while there coes along a rare breed of film, these films are distinguished by he fact that I hope never to see them.
My first example of one such film is a talking point in conversations:
"have you seen Titanic?"
"No"
I have never watched titanic, I have seen a few clips of it and a few minutes of one of those the making of shows, but I refuse to sit around for 3 and a half hours of it.
You know whats going to happen in it.

Hopefully I won't get dragged along to the harry potter film this year, that said I would like to see lord of the rings.

Bridget Jones Diary: I am currently undecided on this one (to watch or not to watch that is the question).

Some films I won't watch unless duly persuaded to do so: Notting hill, the runaway bride, you've got mail..........

I probably could be persuaded to watch the film with the ship that sinks (oops there goes the plot) but I would take a whole lot more persuading than with the other films.
Tue 20/11/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Every once in a while there coes along a rare breed of film, these films are distinguished by he fact that I hope never to see them.
My first example of one such film is a talking point in conversations:
"have you seen Titanic?"
"No"
I have never watched titanic, I have seen a few clips of it and a few minutes of one of those the making of shows, but I refuse to sit around for 3 and a half hours of it.
You know whats going to happen in it.

Hopefully I won't get dragged along to the harry potter film this year, that said I would like to see lord of the rings.

Bridget Jones Diary: I am currently undecided on this one (to watch or not to watch that is the question).

Some films I won't watch unless duly persuaded to do so: Notting hill, the runaway bride, you've got mail..........

I probably could be persuaded to watch the film with the ship that sinks (oops there goes the plot) but I would take a whole lot more persuading than with the other films.
Tue 20/11/01 at 07:48
Regular
So you won't watch good movies. Your loss. Now go away and think up a decent topic.
Tue 20/11/01 at 09:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I simply cannot bring myself to watch Bridget Jones either.
I hated the book (Trite middle-aged Adrian Mole rip-off), Colin Firth reminds me of an old maths teacher that got suspended and I would dearly love to visit harm upon Hugh Grant.

Plus, I'm not a woman.
Or Gay.
Tue 20/11/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't bother to watch Titanic, I'll let you in on a secret and save you a torturous 3 hrs:

It sinks, he dies, she doesn't.
The End.

There's some stuff in the middle about love and you get to see Winslett's baps.
But that's not really worth this mega-chick flick.
Tue 20/11/01 at 12:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Goatboy wrote:
> I simply cannot bring myself to watch Bridget Jones either.
I hated the book
> (Trite middle-aged Adrian Mole rip-off), Colin Firth reminds me of an old maths
> teacher that got suspended and I would dearly love to visit harm upon Hugh
> Grant.

Plus, I'm not a woman.
Or Gay.

Yea, give me a manly film like Pedator, Total Recall, T2, The Rock, etc anyday.
God damn chick-flicks
Tue 20/11/01 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Totoro wrote:
Yea, give me a manly film like Pedator, Total Recall, T2, The Rock, etc
> anyday.
God damn chick-flicks

Well, it's not that I have to watch "Man Movies", Field of Dreams is one of my favs, but if I want to watch a 30something woman crying because her boyfriend is rubbish and life is hard?

I'll go stay with my sister.

Give me
(a) Plot
(b) Nekkid chicks
(c) Wings Hauser
(d) Guns
(e) Monkeys

Don't give me the trials and tribulations of being a single woman in modern London.
Because I don't care.
Tue 20/11/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have not seen the goonies.

And before you all say "You've never seen the Goonies!?!" in a comedy manner, the reason that I refuse to watch this film is because whenever a mate tells someone that I havent seen it, they allways come up to me and say "You've never seen the Goonies!??!?!" in a comedy manner, and that is justification enough.
Tue 20/11/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It is a quality film though
Tue 20/11/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
That may be so, but the point is is that I am proving to everyone that questions my sanity over not seeing this film that I can be a sane human being without seeing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.