GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The war IS terrorism."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 22:47
Regular
Taken from AOL News thingy. Quite interesting. Well, I think so....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WAR IS TERRORISM, BENN TELLS PROTESTERS

VETERAN Labour left-winger Tony Benn has told thousands of peace protesters at a London rally that the war in Afghanistan is "terrorism".

Police estimated that around 15,000 demonstrators had gathered although organisers of the protest claimed the figure was 50,000.

Mr Benn received a huge cheer as he told the demonstrators they were present at the birth of a new world peace movement.

Among the demonstrators were a number of British Muslims, who held prayers for peace on mats placed on the grass.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said the demonstration was peaceful and that there had been no arrests.

The crowd stood beneath a sea of multi-coloured banners in Trafalgar Square as it heard speeches from prominent anti-war campaigners.

Mr Benn told the crowd: "What is happening now in Afghanistan is terrorism. Everybody knows that. We know very well that this is a war for resources, for oil.

"We recognise that, after British imperialism ended, American imperialism is coming to take its place."

He said parliament was "passive" and Tony Blair's cabinet was "cringing" in its failure to question the UK's role in the bombing campaign.

Rebel Labour MP Paul Marsden accused Tony Blair of being "drunk with power" in his handling of the war on terrorism.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:47
Regular
Taken from AOL News thingy. Quite interesting. Well, I think so....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WAR IS TERRORISM, BENN TELLS PROTESTERS

VETERAN Labour left-winger Tony Benn has told thousands of peace protesters at a London rally that the war in Afghanistan is "terrorism".

Police estimated that around 15,000 demonstrators had gathered although organisers of the protest claimed the figure was 50,000.

Mr Benn received a huge cheer as he told the demonstrators they were present at the birth of a new world peace movement.

Among the demonstrators were a number of British Muslims, who held prayers for peace on mats placed on the grass.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said the demonstration was peaceful and that there had been no arrests.

The crowd stood beneath a sea of multi-coloured banners in Trafalgar Square as it heard speeches from prominent anti-war campaigners.

Mr Benn told the crowd: "What is happening now in Afghanistan is terrorism. Everybody knows that. We know very well that this is a war for resources, for oil.

"We recognise that, after British imperialism ended, American imperialism is coming to take its place."

He said parliament was "passive" and Tony Blair's cabinet was "cringing" in its failure to question the UK's role in the bombing campaign.

Rebel Labour MP Paul Marsden accused Tony Blair of being "drunk with power" in his handling of the war on terrorism.
Mon 19/11/01 at 01:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hear Hear.

And what I find most disgusting is that only one person has spoken out against the "war on terrorism" who is in the "entertainment" business.
Damon Albarn at the MTV European Awards Ceremony.

"See this t-shirt? It's CND and it means more now than it has ever done. Bombing one of the poorest countries in the world is wrong, absolutely wrong.You have a voice, use it."

I may not like his music, but I damn well applaud him for having the courage to speak for his beliefs at the expense of losing record sales.
The world needs people unafraid to speak their minds, otherwise we are a nation of cowardly cattle, meekly accepting whatever doctrine is passed down from on high.

Interesting little addition to this Afghanistan situation:
Now that the Northern Alliance has basically taken control, Bush and Blair talk of "Sending in troops".
Now that there is no threat at all, no western blood will be spilt.
And it will end here, and they will not make any effort to catch Bin Laden, same as Saddam Hussein still walks and Milosevic was only caught as a result of internal dissidence.

This never was a "war" and it certainly wasn't a "war on terrorism", this was the USA hitting back after it got punched in the balls, and we rushed to their side whilst no other country assisted in the actualy bombings.

We will not pursue terrorism anywhere there is not oil concerns, which is why we will do nothing about the IRA or domestic terror groups sending Anthrax in the States.
It's bull-crap posturing designed to save face in front of people.

And the thing I find most distasteful?
All this money raised, all the benefit gigs in NY for what?
The fire dept and police force.
What about the families of those killed?
The 65000 missing/dead?
What about those people?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, damn this phony "War" and damn Bush and Blair for doing nothing to resolve the source of terrorism.
Mon 19/11/01 at 05:23
Regular
I have nothing to add except my agreement.

Sadly, save ranting on insignificant intenet sites, i really don't know how i can make my voice heard.

Also, why is it before you speak to anyone about this, does it seem absolutely compulsory to start with something along the lines of;
"I'm not on the terrorist's side but..."

Huh, i guess i did have something to add : )
Mon 19/11/01 at 09:16
Regular
Dr. Duck wrote:
Also, why is it before you speak to anyone about this, does it seem
> absolutely compulsory to start with something along the lines of;
"I'm not
> on the terrorist's side but..."

Because if you don't say that first, but you go on to say how the bombing is wrong, everyone thinks you're a Taleban sympathiser.

Also, I heard on the news this morning that the Taliban have apparently said that they will no longer protect Bin Laden.

Special Forces say they know where he is down to an area of 30 sq. miles.
Mon 19/11/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Much the same as the SAS had Hussein in their sites for 2 days as they trailed him over Kuwait.

I promise you, Bin Laden will have nothing done to him.
You have to have an enemy, it's good business sense if you want to ramp up defence spending.
Bush has the motherlode of enemies, and it's better to keep chasing him and "Oh damn, he got away" than actually remove him.

I don't think Britain and the USA have ever actually followed through on a promise regarding despots and dictators.
Anyone remember Pinochet over here?
Chileans begging that he stand trail for war crimes, and we let him get back on a plane.
So a known war criminal and a guy responsible for genocide was allowed, under diplomatic immunity, to come to Britain for medical treatment.

Oh yeah, we're hot on terrorists alright.
Mon 19/11/01 at 11:01
Regular
So, he destoyed the lives of the families of the people killed or missing in the world trade centre.......

He was put into a "safe haven" by the Taleban regime in Afghanistan, and they knew where he was........

He had committed attacks against the United States before, and will attack again........

So, we should have sat down and talked to him, right?? We should have persuaded the Taleban to give up the man who supported them financially and gave them military support. We should have got down on our knees and begged them to hand him over?? And they would have agreed, and said, yeah, there you go...........as long as you allow us to persicute our people and deny them basic human rights.

We should have accepted that the Taleban, in their support for Bin Laden would deny his ability and role in the attacks on the United state, were telling the truth, and had every intention to support a legal trial and prosecution of a criminal.......

Or we could have done something about it, we could have went after him and his al-Quada network, we could have taken the Taleban apart for their association to these crimes of mass genocide.

With international support of NATO, the UN and some of the staunchest enemies of the United States in the past, we should have just ignored the situation, and allow those people who died on September 11th to be lost without cause, and without a care as to who killed them, or why.

I'll let you explain to everyone who dies in the next Bin Laden terrorism effort why you would have left this man alone to kill them, and tell their families why you were content to let them die........
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:48
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Goatboy wrote:
> Hear Hear.

And what I find most disgusting is that only one person has spoken
> out against the "war on terrorism" who is in the
> "entertainment" business.
Damon Albarn at the MTV European Awards
> Ceremony.

"See this t-shirt? It's CND and it means more now than it has
> ever done. Bombing one of the poorest countries in the world is wrong,
> absolutely wrong.You have a voice, use it."

I may not like his music,
> but I damn well applaud him for having the courage to speak for his beliefs at
> the expense of losing record sales.
The world needs people unafraid to speak
> their minds, otherwise we are a nation of cowardly cattle, meekly accepting
> whatever doctrine is passed down from on high.

I'm sure he said it to boost record sales if anything.
I for one am pretty fed up with all these arm-chair politicians and protestors sticking their noses in.
Killing innocent people in retaliation is wrong, but think about those Sept 11th attacks for a minute.
How would you feel if one of your close relatives was killed in that way??
People need to support our government for a change.
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:50
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Totoro applauds Bonus
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:01
"High polygon count"
Totoro wrote:
> How would you feel if one of your close relatives was killed in that way??
> People need to support our government for a change.

FYI - Goatboy did actually lose an Uncle at the Pentagon.
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:03
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> FYI - Goatboy did actually lose an Uncle at the Pentagon.

And before you start on me, I also agree with Bonus. I am all for the current action, and believe that despite the unfortunate civilian losses, the reaction of the people in the liberated cities justifies the action taken.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.