GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who wants to make a television programme?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 20:18
Regular
Lets face it, all games programmes on telly are trash. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

So...

I'm in the process of pitching an idea to the Beeb about a games programme with a difference. Where other programmes turn presenters into gamers, we'll be turning gamers into presenters, which is altogether a MUCH better idea. Anyway, I was just wondering who would seriously be interested in making something like this.

Keep in mind I haven't even contacted the BBC yet (although I should have by tonight) this is just to see if this idea is actually feasible.

Think hard and don't see this as an excuse just to get on telly.

(Oh, and this is a prime topic).
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Lets face it, all games programmes on telly are trash. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

So...

I'm in the process of pitching an idea to the Beeb about a games programme with a difference. Where other programmes turn presenters into gamers, we'll be turning gamers into presenters, which is altogether a MUCH better idea. Anyway, I was just wondering who would seriously be interested in making something like this.

Keep in mind I haven't even contacted the BBC yet (although I should have by tonight) this is just to see if this idea is actually feasible.

Think hard and don't see this as an excuse just to get on telly.

(Oh, and this is a prime topic).
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:29
Regular
Sorry, my path is already set, so nope. :0)

Good idea though.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Thumbandit's on Channel 4 is the best in a long time.
www.channel4.co.uk/thumbbandits
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:31
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
And that Idea will fall flat on it's face.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:32
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yeah. I'd love to Turbonutter. Maybe not as a presenter, more of a researcher (someone that finds out the latest news and gives it to the presenters) or a reviewer.

I would take it very serious of course, and don't let my age put you off. It's a brilliant idea and I for one would love to be part of it.

Turbonutter, could we chat about this on MSN. I think you block me all the time; I’m not to sure. But then we could discuss it out properly...
I have some ace ideas...
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Have you even seen Thumb Bandits's website? Under "latest news" it has the Resident Evil on GameCube story.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Hoo Har"
WolfHound wrote:
> And that Idea will fall flat on it's face.

Sun 18/11/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Techinically the bbc have a public responsibility to provide quality programmng for everybody. They haven't been representing the programming needs of gamers so perhaps they might consider it or just commision another text messaging night because you can play snake on a mobile phone.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
And game show people's Loyalties must not lie with Nintendo or Sony.
Them must not be Biased.
So It WILL fall flat on it's face. I can imagine it now, all airtime being devoted to rugged and hopeless PS2 Games, making them out to be splendid next gen quality when they are not.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
WolfHound wrote:
> And game show people's Loyalties must not lie with Nintendo or Sony.
Them must
> not be Biased.
So It WILL fall flat on it's face. I can imagine it now, all
> airtime being devoted to rugged and hopeless PS2 Games, making them out to be
> splendid next gen quality when they are not.

Yeah, of course. We wouldn't want to talk about GTA3, GT3, MGS2, Smackdown JBI, Devil May Cry, Airblade, THPS3, 007 Agent Under Fire or SSX Tricky now, would we?

I'm interested TBN.

Also, MGS2 got 9.6 out of 10 from Gamespot, who are very hard to please. Best game ever, almost for certain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.