GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kirby's Air Ride"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Kirby Air Ride'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:19
Regular
Much like my Pikmin post I have also obtained some nice information about this racing game from the Nintendo official website:

Kirby arrives on the Nintendo GameCube at warp speed in his first-ever racing game!

The creators of Super Smash Bros. Melee bring you Kirby's Air Ride, a racing game like no other. By applying the simple controls that define all Kirby games, Kirby's Air Ride brings the racing genre to gamers of all abilities, making it so anyone can just pick up and play. Single-button game play controls all the action, brake and slide around corners with a press of the A Button or hold and charge up as you slide, then release for break-neck acceleration. Of course, Kirby wouldn't be Kirby if he weren't copying enemy abilities and using them to his advantage, so prepare for some wild and wacky transformations! Slide and glide in 3-D racing, or ready yourself for a race for power-ups as you enter multiplayer tournament battles. Kirby's never been so fast and so fun!

Single button gameplay? Sound funning good fun.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:19
Regular
Much like my Pikmin post I have also obtained some nice information about this racing game from the Nintendo official website:

Kirby arrives on the Nintendo GameCube at warp speed in his first-ever racing game!

The creators of Super Smash Bros. Melee bring you Kirby's Air Ride, a racing game like no other. By applying the simple controls that define all Kirby games, Kirby's Air Ride brings the racing genre to gamers of all abilities, making it so anyone can just pick up and play. Single-button game play controls all the action, brake and slide around corners with a press of the A Button or hold and charge up as you slide, then release for break-neck acceleration. Of course, Kirby wouldn't be Kirby if he weren't copying enemy abilities and using them to his advantage, so prepare for some wild and wacky transformations! Slide and glide in 3-D racing, or ready yourself for a race for power-ups as you enter multiplayer tournament battles. Kirby's never been so fast and so fun!

Single button gameplay? Sound funning good fun.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:21
Regular
Yeah, sounds pretty good, lets hope there are lots of characters like in Super Smash Bros.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:30
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Yeah, sounds pretty good, lets hope there are lots of characters like
> in Super Smash Bros.

It'll be based on Kirby characters most likely, don't expect Mario or Donkey Kong...
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
Yeah but there are pics of Kirby with a his Link outfit from Smash Bros on, so I'm guessing the Mario and Donkey Kong outfits will show up some where along the lines.

Should think that gimp King Dee Dee will be in there too.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:33
Regular
It does look strange but Kirby has always been strange.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:35
Regular
Hey Dringo, wanna stop posting from www.gamers.com
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:36
Regular
Kirby had that hat and sword before mixing Kirby and Zelda characters in any game ever took place.

That is, in Kirby's first ever game on the NES.
Wed 23/04/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
robbo1974 wrote:
> Hey Dringo, wanna stop posting from www.gamers.com

Quoting Dringo:

"Much like my Pikmin post I have also obtained some nice information about this racing game from the Nintendo official website"

You mong.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I'd prefer an update to Kirby's dream course to be honest.
Thu 24/04/03 at 00:28
Regular
robbo1974 wrote:
> Hey Dringo, wanna stop posting from www.gamers.com

What Microchips said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.