GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War has never been so much fun......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/04/03 at 22:06
Regular
Been playing Conflict Desert Storm all day and I gotta say, it's the muts nuts of war games.

None of that boring tactical planning like Clancy games, ya can just get stuck in from the off. This aint not run in and shoot evberything game though, there's a fair bit of tactical planning when you're playing, it just never gets boring planning roots on mapes and stoopid crap like that.

The co-op is quite simply the best shooter co-op ever. had my mate round this afternoon playing it and it was simply superb, you really have to work with each other laying down covering fire as your mate sets up bombs.

AT one point we had to get some C4 from a building to blow up a bridge, my mate went to find some high ground to cover me as his dude had the sniper rifle, I was doing my sneaky gay bloke impression as I tried to avoid being detected by the Iraqi's on the other side of the ravine. My mate being the chump that he is, decided to unload a clip in one of the guards over the other side of the ravine triggering half of the Iraqi army to come running across the bridge attempting to unload their guns in my face. Luckily though the building I ran into for cover happened to house a load of weapons including a few Anti Tank rocket launcher things, a couple of explosions later and Mr Iraqi mans guts are all over the wall, I killed myself in the explosion but a few Medi Kits later and I was right as rain.

Genius, so many more things like this happened like when we had to take a tank out, I ducked by a window waiting for it to turn it's back on me so I could shoot my load in it ar-se.....anti tank missile that is. While my mate ran out in front of it to get its attention.

So much fun, yall should buy this game ya hear..

Oh and another thing it's really realistic, earlier I was doing a mission I heard a radio call, next thing I know an american chopper goes over head and fires some missiles at a radar station right next to me, killing my whole squad in the process.

Friendly fire, spooky.
Tue 29/04/03 at 17:02
Regular
I rate this game highly and find it MUCH better than TS2 .. i haven't played co-op yet but TS2 quickly dires in Multiplayer..
Tue 29/04/03 at 09:33
Regular
"aliens exist"
i say, give war a chance
Tue 29/04/03 at 08:58
Regular
I managed to hit a sandbank right infront of me with a rocket instead of the tank way in the distance.

Made me laugh anyway.
Mon 28/04/03 at 16:29
Regular
Indeed i seem to be prone to use a rocket launcher too close.
Mon 28/04/03 at 11:21
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> §n][pe® wrote:
> Bah i have 2.50 discount from points o.O
>
> Well lets see,I have £7.50 discount plus then theres 10% student
> discount as well as a fiver voucher in a magazine.
>
> Therefore:
>
> £40 - £4 = £36
> £36 - £5 = £31
> £31 - £7.50
>
> = £23.50 for a brand new game.
>
> :)

If you look at the voucher in the magazine, one of the 'terms and conditions' is that is cannot be used with any other voucher.
Mon 28/04/03 at 11:21
Regular
Nowt to do with me, that's a different department :D
Sun 27/04/03 at 22:15
Regular
§n][pe® wrote:
> Bah i have 2.50 discount from points o.O

Well lets see,I have £7.50 discount plus then theres 10% student discount as well as a fiver voucher in a magazine.

Therefore:

£40 - £4 = £36
£36 - £5 = £31
£31 - £7.50

= £23.50 for a brand new game.

:)
Sun 27/04/03 at 22:11
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I worked for them around 4 months ago, I now work for the Inland
> Revenue...if you saw complaints in the newspapers about "New Tax
> Credits", I'm employed in that department :D

Grrr, Give me my god damn tax back. its been like 10 months and those beggers still owe me £80.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What a brilliant game C:DS is in 4-player Co-Op!

What a fantastically amazing stroke of brilliant genius!

Just played it with four players for the first time today, and I don't think I've had this much fun in multiplay gaming since the day I first played Goldeneye with four players in the Temple with Explosives.

:-D
Sat 26/04/03 at 01:15
Regular
Wow....

Ahem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.