GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"" footage not in game ""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 14:29
Regular
This has cheered me up yet angered me a bit.

I was watching the television this morning, flicking through the channels, then I saw an advert for the Harry Potter game.

Now I hate all this Harry Potter stuff, I think J.K Rowling is a big phonny myself and I'm sick of the advertising with Harry Potter Coke, Harry Potter glasses, Harry Potter sweet making sets and all those advertising morons. It was only out as a film yesterday yet it is linked to everything that you can think of, toothpaste etc.

Moving on from my hate of advertising people (no offence SR lot, I mean the big morons etc) anyway they have a game out already... fair enough I guess, bigger sales as all the gullable children buy it after seeing the film.

So onto the advert... a very attractive clean-cut image of the game. Harry running about some castle with his broom or wand or whatever the hell he has... killing the baddies. A lovely 3D image, very smart film of the game OR SO THE GULLABLE KIDS THINK.

In the bottom right of the screen as the title says:

" footage not in game "

Now I might be wrong (Radiohead) but I'm guessing this game has been rushed at the last minute and it is a poor 2D game that will cost about £30 and after the advert all these kids will think its all lovely 3D action and that sucks.

So there gullable, most are young. Its sad they'll be stuck with this bollards game and I feel sorry for them. I hate advertising people... now this isn't making sense because I'm annoyed but if you ask me thats false advertising they should all go to jail and drop the soap.

So there we go back to all for money or nothing in that business.

Err thats that then.
Sat 17/11/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This has cheered me up yet angered me a bit.

I was watching the television this morning, flicking through the channels, then I saw an advert for the Harry Potter game.

Now I hate all this Harry Potter stuff, I think J.K Rowling is a big phonny myself and I'm sick of the advertising with Harry Potter Coke, Harry Potter glasses, Harry Potter sweet making sets and all those advertising morons. It was only out as a film yesterday yet it is linked to everything that you can think of, toothpaste etc.

Moving on from my hate of advertising people (no offence SR lot, I mean the big morons etc) anyway they have a game out already... fair enough I guess, bigger sales as all the gullable children buy it after seeing the film.

So onto the advert... a very attractive clean-cut image of the game. Harry running about some castle with his broom or wand or whatever the hell he has... killing the baddies. A lovely 3D image, very smart film of the game OR SO THE GULLABLE KIDS THINK.

In the bottom right of the screen as the title says:

" footage not in game "

Now I might be wrong (Radiohead) but I'm guessing this game has been rushed at the last minute and it is a poor 2D game that will cost about £30 and after the advert all these kids will think its all lovely 3D action and that sucks.

So there gullable, most are young. Its sad they'll be stuck with this bollards game and I feel sorry for them. I hate advertising people... now this isn't making sense because I'm annoyed but if you ask me thats false advertising they should all go to jail and drop the soap.

So there we go back to all for money or nothing in that business.

Err thats that then.
Sat 17/11/01 at 14:41
Regular
Wasn't it in the top left corner?
Sat 17/11/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Probably
Sat 17/11/01 at 17:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
I saw this too...gah, I hate all the Harry Potter stuff.

"Are you going Potty about Harry Potter?"

NO!!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 17:03
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Harry Potter started of as A lil' book, now it has a whole empire!!!
Sat 17/11/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My mums friend is quite friendly with J.K Rowling and to be honest she does have a good talent with writing books. Sure Harry Potter or even "Potter Mania" is getting a little over the top but everything that is aimed at kids always does. Things like pokemon, buzz lightyear, teletubbies. Its all marketing ideas to try get the most money out of people which I dislike but all we can do is stop buying all the rubbish products that get released.
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:57
Regular
i've had a quick go on it and
the playstation version is a 3d game the graphics are ok i suppose -enough to keep a kid happy
as for the game play i dont know yet i think its the usual collect spells and save your pals type of game
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:04
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Hey, did you know Harry Potter is Irish?
I'm serious, J.K Rowling said so on a Television Interview!
(Nothing to do really with topic, sorry)
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:
> I saw this too...gah, I hate all the Harry Potter stuff.

"Are you going
> Potty about Harry Potter?"

NO!!!!

Yeah well I am.

*takes off HarryPotter glasses, stands up from HarryPotter chair, takes a pee in a HarryPotter loo, uses HarryPotter toilet paper, opens HarryPotter window, says hi to renamed brother 'Hi Harry'. Puts HarryPotter glasses back on, looks at HarryPotter montior*

*clicks return with a Harry potter sticker over it*
Wed 21/11/01 at 10:12
Regular
Harry Potter is to books what Star Wars is to films.

It's pretty much like Pokemon. I like the book (gameboy game in Pokemon's case) so I generally ignor whether the franchise is stupid or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.