GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the hype about Playstation 2 jusified?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/08/00 at 22:54
Regular
I am holding down 3(I am 14!) jobs so i can get a ps2, am i just a idiot who has fallen prey to the hype or will ps2 live up to expectation. The dvd drive is a major selling point but i feel if people were only buying a ps2 for the dvd facility they would be very stupid. A dvd player cost £200 or less where as ps2 costs £300. I believe people are buying ps2 for it's amazing potential. Ps2 will be the future of gaming and bring on November the 24th. Neil Loughlin
Mon 11/09/00 at 15:36
Your choice of console should be based on what games you want to play. I chose PlayStation because that's the format that the games I want to play tend to appear on. I'm not interested in Donkey Kong or Sonic, but I do like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Wipeout, MGS, GT etc.

Some appear on other formats, but usually PS first. I was tempted to get an N64 for Perfect Dark, but I can't justify it for one game, even though I could easily afford it. To be honest, there's not yet a game on DC that I would consider buying it for. But that's not to say I wouldn't if there were regularly games that I wanted - there just aren't.

At the end of the day, it's gameplay that YOU'RE happy with that counts. So help me, if my Commodore 64 still worked, I'd still be playing Crazy Comets.
Wed 23/08/00 at 21:54
PS2 Will Be King Of Consoles
Mon 21/08/00 at 22:08
That is VERY untrue and you know it.
I have admitted that if the price goes down and there are some decent games for the PS2, I will buy it, I am being open minded. That means to look elsewhere and see if it interests you and to be honest to yourself, at that price, and that little amount of games, no the PS2 does not yet interest me, but I will say now that YES, it probably will....
Besides, I have a Playstation, N64, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Gameboy Colour, SNES, NES and portable Megadrive.
Biased????
I think your just mad that I am going to get one of the best games ever created....free.
No offense but thats how it seems to me. The Dreamcast just seems like an obvious choice to me, and thats why I just cant understand all you people hanging on for PS2 when if you can afford the PS2, surely you can afford to buy a Dreamcast now at half the price????
Mon 21/08/00 at 20:39
I'm 14 as you know, I live in Stansted and i have done all my life
Mon 21/08/00 at 20:35
I'm £$, and I'm from Wincanton in Somerset, though I lived in Weymouth on the South Coast for many yrs(Great arcades!!!and I do miss the sea).And yerself? ARTY
Mon 21/08/00 at 20:24
Arty you seem like a reasonably intelligent person how old are you and where are you from?
Mon 21/08/00 at 19:52
Regular
I suppose if you write something everyday you are bound to win game a day one day. I mean, how many of us ARE there?
Mon 21/08/00 at 00:11
Good god don't you read anything, I've been saying this all along and I don't see you supporting much other than the DC!!!!Christ alive you're slow!!!!
Sun 20/08/00 at 23:04
So true, I just won the gameaday and Im not the best writer.
All that I have been trying to say to you people is not to base your whole life around the PS2, sure it will be a good system but be open minded and go buy other consoles too......
Sun 20/08/00 at 22:10
Don't worry, I've been submiting for months and s**till ain't won.The winners are often picked at random, and not always on you're dynamic writeing talents.So don't give up, you might get lucky.Also I wrote in with some SF Tips once, won jack sh*t, then about a week or so later, someone wrote in with near enough the same thing and won!!!!!So you're not on you're own.Anyway, it's probably cuz they know I've found a cheaper place to buy my games!(Could'nt possibly be because I'm Cr@p)Teh heh!!!!ARTY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.