GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An addition to the Sony forum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 17:04
Regular
Some of you in here might know me, but a number of you probably won't. Anyway, I picked up a PS2 today and got Vice City and The Getaway with it (along with an official memory card).

If anyone wants to help out then I'm looking for PS2 titles to keep an eye on. So far I'm looking into picking up Tenchu, Gran Turismo 4 (when it comes out) and maybe Tekken 4.

Any titles that are multiformat I'll probably buy for XBox - so titles like Burnout 2, etc.

Lay off the mediocre titles though people cause I'm on limited funds, so its basically the best games that take priority over the different consoles I have.
Bonus is that if I don't like The Getaway I've only paid like £10 for it and I've been told I can trade it in and I'll be guaranteed to get like £20 for it - more then I originally paid for it. ;-))
Saw a good price on Tenchu so I might have to pick that up soon.

So yeah, I await the info on any games I simply "MUST" own. ;-)
Wed 30/04/03 at 22:18
"period drama"
Yes, Ico, like I said FIRST.
You need to play it twice actually, so you can get the lightsabre. THAT'S RIGHT. A lightsabre.
It won't take long to do twice.
Maybe 15 hours all done.

Such is the way with orginality and godliness - short-lived.
Wed 30/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well this Friday I should be grabbing...
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven
Smackdown 4
Sega Bass Fishing + rod controller

Might also pick up another game too. See how it goes on the day. ;-)
Wed 30/04/03 at 21:31
Regular
Ooh! OOh! I always forget!

You MUST play through the whole of Ico. Even if you only rent it for a week, you have to play it, it's just such a great heartwarming experience.
Wed 30/04/03 at 10:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Secondly - Steve is utter crap ! There was me thinking "yay ! An
> English fighter !" - then things started to set in that he was
> bloody useless. The lack of kicks wasn't too suprising with him being
> a boxer, but the ducking and weaving you get instead is practically
> useless.
> I got to grips with his moves and found that his punches were pretty
> weak a lot of the time - a jab from Nina was actually stronger ! Some
> boxer...

I like his style, although you're right that he is pretty weak.
Tue 29/04/03 at 23:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ugh ! What is about Ace Combat games and the need to disappear into obscurity litterally weeks after release ??

If anyone knows a place where I can get Ace Combat 4 brand new then please tell me people. Really want this game and I can't find it anywhere !
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:29
And Virtua Fighter is really good when you stick with one character and learn their moves.
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:28
I like GT3 as well.
Tue 29/04/03 at 22:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and he said someone he knows said that it was unresponsive and stuff. I would consider Virtua Fighter - but I've never really liked it all that much. Seemed that when I played it, the key to success was to be Pai and bash the punch buttons faster than your opponent. The skillful approach just didn't seem to match mashing the buttons with your palms.

I agree with Tekken 3 being the best of the series - think they've tried too hard to improve things. Shame really cause I was looking for a nice beat em up to keep me busy before Soul Caliber 2 comes out.
Thinking of maybe buying Dropship again sometime too. Be nice if I can find some of my old favourites at good prices. ;-)
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:56
Sdrawkcab wrote:
> Send it back and get Virtua Fighter 4 instead. More moves for you to
> get engrossed in and, it doesn't have an english boxer that can't
> kick, or really punch well.

VF 4 Final Evolution that is. But I don't think it's out yet.
Tue 29/04/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Savatt78 wrote:
> A lot of stuff about Tekken 4, mainly bad.

:)

It isn't just you mate, I found Tekken 4 absolutely terrible. It is very slow and very easy to complete. Tekken 3 was the best Tekken.

But once you've played Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive, Tekken is just poor in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.