GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 5"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 5'.
Sat 17/07/10 at 16:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've been awaiting this game for years now. Hitman is one of my all time favourite game series. It is yet to release onto the PS3/360. There are rumours that the next release is due for the last quarter of 2010, whilst play.com states the release date to be as late as November 2011. Now either Square Enix are making sure that this game is the best it can be, or they're being distracted by other game productions. I'm hoping for the first suggestion, as Hitman will be a huge success on the next gen consoles I'm sure, providing they build it right...
Fri 23/07/10 at 17:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
It was Eidos, but now it's Square Enix. The only game they're really cashing in on is Final Fantasy. The likes of Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts are abit past it now. Some may even say Hitman is past it, but the story still doesn't seem completed on it. Needs a good next-gen finishing game to just seal off the series.
Fri 23/07/10 at 16:15
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Grandprix wrote:
> Just seen a news article about this. The developers are saying
> Christmas 2011 release at the very earliest.
>
> I'd say that is a 2012 release then.

Before the unscheduled delay. It is Ubisoft (if I am right?) we are dealing with. Think of how many years they held back SC: Conviction...

As Assassin's Creed is going to be their major dosh-monkey, that is going to be their main focal point. Late 2012 would be of the very earliest for my expectation!
Fri 23/07/10 at 14:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just seen a news article about this. The developers are saying Christmas 2011 release at the very earliest.

I'd say that is a 2012 release then.
Fri 23/07/10 at 14:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think they covered that on the 360 version Chris. It did look tidier than the original xbox version I originally played it on (here we go dav, bought it on the XB and then the 360 so I could play through again!)
Fri 23/07/10 at 13:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh don't get me wrong, it's still a fantastic game, but if you have a PS2, just get it on that, because odds are it will be cheaper, and it's the exact same as the Xbox version. Hopefully, the few problems that there were on the PS2 version (ie. little niggles like the bodys looking unrealistic when moved, the many clone characters, the sometimes stupid AI) will be fixed on the greater platform.
Fri 23/07/10 at 11:59
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
dav2612 wrote:
> Fair enough. I've not played it myself but you don't put forward
> a good case for changing that.

If you haven't played it - do so. It may be just a quick edited port of a PS2/XB title, but it is still the best in the series! One of my top games actually (and Sonic Chris')

Plus you can probably get it for less than a tenner now!

EDIT: @original post

WOOOOOOOOOO! But boooooo for the delayed release!
Tue 20/07/10 at 21:47
Regular
"And in last place.."
Fair enough. I've not played it myself but you don't put forward a good case for changing that.
Tue 20/07/10 at 18:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well, if we're going to be technical, Blood Money was released on the 360 (a waste of money in my opinion, as it's literally the PS2 version in every respect, including graphics). They didn't tailor Blood Money for the Xbox 360 :( So I don't really count it as a 360 release, even though it is.
Tue 20/07/10 at 10:04
Regular
"And in last place.."
I thought there was a version of Hitman on the 360.
Sat 17/07/10 at 16:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've been awaiting this game for years now. Hitman is one of my all time favourite game series. It is yet to release onto the PS3/360. There are rumours that the next release is due for the last quarter of 2010, whilst play.com states the release date to be as late as November 2011. Now either Square Enix are making sure that this game is the best it can be, or they're being distracted by other game productions. I'm hoping for the first suggestion, as Hitman will be a huge success on the next gen consoles I'm sure, providing they build it right...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.