GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardcore?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 14:47
Regular
Is it possible for any Playstation owners to become Hardcore gamers? Or are they destined to be casual all there life?
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:46
ah it's always good to meet one of my many fans. so what can i do for you kid signed football, signed t-shirt just name it i'll get one of my many security guards to forge my signature for you. big bulky boris is getting quite good at writing it now
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:32
Woah, so you're THE Ben Hodgetts, dude youre like my idol!

Well similar to, my idol being Ben Kenobi, a.k.a. Obi Wan Kenobi. You've got the same first name.

What are the odds?
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:40
i was often known to throw my toys out my pram used to get a good distance on the things i threw to. then one day i was spotted by a scout and now i play american football for the denver broncos.

true story that
Fri 16/11/01 at 14:11
Jonman wrote:
Now pick up the toys you threw out of the pram, and go
> home. Your dinner's on the table.

Sorry Jonman, I don't want it to seem like I'm being mean, but I have to pick holes in this bit you see.

If sai child was throwing toys out of the pram, they may have dificulty picking them up again, as most pram occupants tend to be of the infant variety. Also, if the child requires a pram, then not only would he/ she again struggle to get home on their own, but it is questionable as to whether or not the child SHOULD go home on their own.

There, I'm done now.
Fri 16/11/01 at 14:07
Right then Jonman! You are playing with the wrong person this time! For you see I have an older brother, who is 15 and has been known to take part in the drinking of alcohol!
Fri 16/11/01 at 13:57
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Yeah, well, my Dad's bigger than your Dad, and he knows karate, and he's going to beat your Dad up after school, and call your Mum names.

So there.

Turn around, touch the ground, no returns.

Marvellous. That abous meets the tone of this thread. Now pick up the toys you threw out of the pram, and go home. Your dinner's on the table.
Fri 16/11/01 at 12:36
Regular
Well us "Casual gamers" would ebat you any day at any game maybe SSX 3 over all three machines? over the internet

and i cant see how Nintendo players are "hardcore gamers"
Fri 16/11/01 at 10:39
Regular
Fangface wrote:
> How do you define hardcore?

Erm. I don`t think we`re allowed to talk about that on this site. Messy business that.
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:37
"High polygon count"
Fangface wrote:
> How do you guys define hardcore?

Simple... I don't. Because there is no such thing - it's just a pathetic attempt by non-PlayStation owners to somehow brand us as being 'lesser' people than them.

Simple fact is they, for whatever reason, can't deal with the fact that overall, there have been a larger number of better games released for the PlayStation than any other format.

The PlayStation had enough quality about it, both in terms of software and image, to attract large numbers of people to the world of videogames - something which Nintendo, Sega, Atari and a number of other companies had never managed to do before.

Had the N64, Saturn, Jaguar, Dreamcast or any other platformed managed to do this, the term 'casual gamer' would probably never have arisen.

...Deep breath...

While the games industry as a whole does have these companies to thank (for they are the pioneers, without whom the market would never have existed), the so-called distinction between 'casual' and 'hardcore' gamers is simply an insulting term dreamed up by the few blinkered fans of those brands, who are more than a little peeved that someone else broke through the traditional image of 'consoles are for kids', brought videogames to the masses, and dragged the industry up from being a niche market to a global, multi-million dollar industry.
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:54
Please no! Not the "Playstationers are casual gamers" topic. Jeez.

For a start tying to label people like this is ludicrous. All consoles are too similar. Its like saying all white me are racist, just a ridiculous sweeping statement. Similarly, you can't argue that PC gamers are anymore hardcore, seeing as consoles are designed primarily for games.
If what you are failing to say is "playstation probably has a larger number of fans who are less passionate about gaming than some other consoles" then you are probably right. What with having the largest fan base/ number of units sold, that is inevitable.

Please stop putting people in boxes, its pointless and only provokes people into argument. Plus, you're talking tripe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.