GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantasy FPS or real life situation FPS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 14:41
Regular
On the subject of First person shooters, which one do you prefer?
Games like the Rainbow Six series uses Real life situations, Black Hawk down aswell as Battlefield 1942 and vietcong.
Fantasy First person shooters are like half life, ureal 1 + 2 and unreal tournament/2003
You can tell the difference between them by the levels they are set on and the weapons in the games.
Sun 04/05/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Firey Salamander wrote:
> I prefer fantasy type games myself
>
> *girlfriend walks in dressed as a nurse*
>
> er...umm...I...
>
> *faints*

I think you'll love 'Football Strip'. Ha!
Sun 04/05/03 at 18:20
"For the horde!!!!"
I prefer fantasy type games myself

*girlfriend walks in dressed as a nurse*

er...umm...I...

*faints*
Sat 03/05/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I think maybe what he meant, and I may be wrong, but this is one way I see it, is that you get the same weapons consistently appearing in most realistic FPS', and are able to relate to them between the games.

Like in DoD you get a Thompson SMG, and also in BF. You sort of know where you stand with one, even if you haven't played the game before.
Sat 03/05/03 at 15:22
Der Nazi wrote:
> I've always preferred Real-Life FPS- you get to use real weapons,
> unlike plasma guns and lightning guns. and te fact is, you can relate
> to it in reality.

But it's not like you actually are going to run amock with a gun anyway, so if it's unrealistic as it is, why not make it more unrealistic.
Sat 03/05/03 at 11:31
Regular
Yea didnt really like the First UT but then i found a mod so i played that instead.
Maybe it'll be the same for UT2003, but i want to blag a copy of BF1942 :\
Sat 03/05/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've always preferred Real-Life FPS- you get to use real weapons, unlike plasma guns and lightning guns. and te fact is, you can relate to it in reality.
Fri 02/05/03 at 20:04
Regular
Most popular, downloaded mod since CS.. www.desertcombat.com
Fri 02/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
What is this desert combat thing? I've heard of it, and it seems to be big, but what's special about it?
Fri 02/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
I got unreal Tourny 2003... but haven't touched it cos my pc isn't good enuff yet.
I've been looking into selling it for a copy of Battlefield to play Desert Combat mod... looks so sweet.
But then there will be mods for unreal tourny 2003 aswell :|
Thu 01/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I generally prefer more real life ones, but I like (Tribes and) Tribes II alot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.