GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bargain games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 14:47
Regular
I'm getting a new PC soon. Significantly better than the 233Mhz CyrixII I'm currently running.

As such I may need to get hold of some PC games I've missed over the last two or three years, and are now bargains.

So is Black and White worth £10?. How about Desperados?

What else would you recommend. No FPS, because I'm crap at them.

Oh, is GTA3 okay on the PC, or should I wait for Vice City.

CM4 is also a must buy, should run alright on a 2.6Ghz. Faster than CM99/00 on a 233Mhz?
Thu 01/05/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
There are quite a few bargains I get; I'm a big fan of Budget games. I say zeze iz barginz!

TAKE ADVANTAGE £9.99 RANGE:
Tropico
Oni

XPLOSIV £4.99 RANGE:
Sonic 3D
Railroad Tycoon II
Thu 01/05/03 at 19:10
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You might mistake Operation Flashpoint for a FPS but it's not really, it's much more playable in 3rd person perspective, is diametrically opposed to most FPS and is an absolutely cracking game. Although I can't believe you're actually considering going out and buying games, surely you've won enough!

Warcraft III and Age of Mythology are also pretty good, but not as good as Starcraft which would have run fine on your Cyrix :O(
Thu 01/05/03 at 16:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Master Of Orion and UFO: Enemy Uknown are both excellent, although they'd run on a 233 as well - if you can find a copy anywhere. Also any of their sequels are worth purchasing.

Civilisation 3 is pretty cheap these days, that's a good one to go for.
Thu 01/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island games are on budget now I think.

My sister got Grim Fandango a few days ago, that was on budget. Also, great game I think everybody should play is Fallout 2. Ok, it's not exactly recent, the minimum spec is a P 90Mhz, but still a great game, and I'd reccomend it if you haven't already tried it.
It's an RPG loosely based on Mad Max. But it's very good.
Thu 01/05/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Not your monkey"
And now I realise you want bargain games.

Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island games are on budget now I think. Depends whether you like that sort of thing though!
Thu 01/05/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Desperados is good, but Commandos 2 is better.

Erm, Does Jedi Knight 2 count as a FPS? Its a great game and isn't really a fast paced 'blow-em-up'.

Splinter Cell is good too - should run nice on a 2.6GHz and is nice and slow compared with Unreal 2003 etc

What type of games do you like then? Being a ninty I guess puzzle/platformers?

Another unmissable game is Mafia.
Thu 01/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
"not dead"
General recommendations. No FPS. :o)
Thu 01/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
Well would help to see what kind of game u are looking for if its FPS.. well there's loads.
Thu 01/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
Well would help to see what kind of game u are looking for if its FPS.. well there's loads.
Thu 01/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
Yep

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.