GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Good Is Freeloader ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 18:50
Regular
In a clear demonstration of how behind I am, I've only just noticed that Freeloader actually did come out.

Been reading about it and saw they changed all the 1.04 discs to 1.06 because Resident Evil Zero didn't work with it, and the bit about you can't use memory cards with jap saves on with memory cards with pal/US saves on.

Is there anything else wrong with it, and how well does it actually work ? Now I've actually got a Cube (again) I might try Animal Crossing and see what it's actually like....
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ah well, another company gets added to my list.

You know what's really telling ? Sunday night, on Ebay, I bought a set of comics off someone in America. He charged me UK equivalent of £3 for postage, and what appeared through the letter box this morning ? The comics, which had been posted in Washington, on Tuesday morning, and he'd paid $7 for postage.

I've paid a bit over £2, and a proper company can't deliver an item that fast in the same country as me. Sad to say, but my experience of online shopping with independent sites like Goblin (and a nameless other selection) is totally rubbish compared to the ones I've used in the US.

Over here the general policy seems to be to take your cash and make you wait !
Thu 08/05/03 at 13:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The order status never changes. Im pretty sure the order i had delivered sometime in February still says "In progress".

*checks*

Yep. And they never clear your completed orders from your order tracking section.
Thu 08/05/03 at 09:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
And still in progress........ verily they suck.
Wed 07/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hmmm, received email from goblin this morning saying they're refunded 19.99 of the order because the price they had on their site for Resident Evil was wrong, apparently it should be 49.99 making it something of a rip off.

And my order still says "In Progress", they have managed to take the money for both games though so I'm glad they're not completely inefficient.....

Methinks I'll be trying the other site next time :(
Tue 06/05/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
They're out of stock right now, but they'll probably soon be back in stock, if you order one you'll be able to play.com on it soon... ;)
Tue 06/05/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Mario and Zelda games on Animal Crossing?!?
I never knew about that...!

And with those extra Zelda dungeons, I will HAVE to get myself an Action Replay (allowing with paying for several other games, this month! :( )!

But Strafex, where is 'the right place to buy an £18 Action Replay from'??
Tue 06/05/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
That's Balance Of Payments, not balance account.....

And in the case of goblindirect.com it's a UK company that my money has gone to, so it's not.

*takes off serious cap*

Okay ?
Mon 05/05/03 at 16:14
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Mwhaa ha we are secretly ruining the UK's Balance account! mwha
Mon 05/05/03 at 12:08
Regular
Yeah but you never do, they only tend to stop packages in customs if they're over £100 apparently.
Mon 05/05/03 at 09:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hmm just figured out why Import Madness is so cheap, Canadian company ! So, if you get hit for 17.5% tax when they make it here, thems expensive games...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.