GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The E3 extravaganza... Stage 2 of the Gamecube."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/05/03 at 00:50
Regular
With all 3 major Nintendo titles released (Mario, Metroid, Zelda) and Mario Golf, F Zero etc... all due for a summer release in the US, it is time for Nintendo to unleash stage two.

Stage two is the next bulk set of games for said system, Starfox Armada and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles as well as those 5 Capcom games have already been confirmed as games that are amongst this second stage of Nintendo gaming. The Japanese are enjoying it already but the biggest announcements will occur at E3 and of course they are happening already. What will Nintendo's next big games be and what are the fruits of their previous third party friendships?

Well to begin with we have Billy Hatcher from SEGA, a brand new, heavily promising platformer that could well give Mario a run for his money. This game will be amongst the biggies that are planned for the Gamecube in the coming year or so. HAL have been working on Kirby's Air Ride, a game that will be a nice addition to the line-up like Smash Brothers before it.

But what of the big announcements? Well on the condition the Capcom 5 are still in development, Capcom have made theirs. Konami have confirmd the trio joint effort for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, this announcement is massive, it is one of the major selling points for the PS2 like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil before it...

And of Nintendo? Well other than the obvious second party polavour of Mario spin offs and original titles that deserve more recognition than they get the BIG Nintendo releases are really to be seen. Pikmin 2 has been confirmed by the AAA, multi-million, system selling games have all to be announced. Bar Mario Kart. E3 looks like Mario Karts show, this is one of those system sellers that Nintendo will be pushing in the next round. Now with Metroid, Mario and Zelda out of the way it is time for Mario Kart. But there will be and should be more... so what are they? Well unusually for Nintendo a AAA game from the last stage is making it into the next one with MARIO 128... another system seller we probably won't see till Spaceworld. So is the others Metroid PRime 2 or the next Zelda game already discussed? No I'm thinking Donkey Kong.

Nintendo confirmed they are making a game and those kongs make a fully fledged return in Mario Kart... expect a killer game to come for them.

But it is GTA you need to watch, with the official Nintendo E3 site constantly changing from Rockstar games to Gotham games it looks certain they are up to something and these rumours just won't die.

How many of these will we see at E3? Well I don't know... I doubt Nintendo wish to overshadow Mario Kart and I'm dying to know if the legend that is Factor 5 will show more than just their new Star Wars game... after all Pilotwings would be a b!tch of a game.

So many games so little time... now I'm returning to Zelda.
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
I was a little suprised at first when I saw the shots, certainly wasn't what I was expecting. It was the same with Zelda at first though and look how that turned out.
Fri 02/05/03 at 14:08
Regular
"Excellent!"
Mario Kart is either going to be great, or suck badly.

Having Wackey Races style vehicles is a good idea and a nice way to make the game less predictable, but will it work? I agree that some of the Karts look too big but the killer i feel will be whether it handles like the previous 2 games or not. While it is obvious that Nintendo can do amazing graphics and blow us away with visuals, if the vehicles and game play doesn't FEEL like Mario Kart then it may not be what we are all hoping for.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:59
Regular
Won't be going mental for it after I have Bunrnout 2.

Heck, I still pick up Burnout sometimes, great game.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:14
Regular
I don't like the fact that instead of having karts, it seems they have personalised vehicles.

I'll wait and see how it plays before judging the game though.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:13
Regular
My only concern is that some of the 'karts' are just...too big...
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:10
Regular
I have a strange feeling Mario 128 may turn up, in some shape or form. As for Mario Kart, I may not even get it, I don't normally judge on graphics (well, never), but I can imagine the controls being very clunky, for some reason. So it's either believable physics or good gameplay in Mario Kart's case.
Fri 02/05/03 at 01:09
Regular
Yay. I was surprised at how quickly they plan to bring mario golf out in America.

Guess they'd had it planned for a bit but didn't want anything to steal Zelda's thunder.

I'm quite impressed with the rate of killer games from nintendo.
I won't have time to play everything I want to that comes to gamecube. I don't know where my PS2 will get a look in.

(On a side note, if the pikey gits haven't delivered it by monday they're in breach of contract. Then again, with recent postman schenanegans there's an increasingly real possibility the royal mail's finest also thought the opportunity of a free ps2 sounded too good to miss...)
Fri 02/05/03 at 00:53
Regular
Oh and come on HAL announce Earthbound and get on with it... and Camelot what's with the Gamecube RPG yeah?
Fri 02/05/03 at 00:50
Regular
With all 3 major Nintendo titles released (Mario, Metroid, Zelda) and Mario Golf, F Zero etc... all due for a summer release in the US, it is time for Nintendo to unleash stage two.

Stage two is the next bulk set of games for said system, Starfox Armada and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles as well as those 5 Capcom games have already been confirmed as games that are amongst this second stage of Nintendo gaming. The Japanese are enjoying it already but the biggest announcements will occur at E3 and of course they are happening already. What will Nintendo's next big games be and what are the fruits of their previous third party friendships?

Well to begin with we have Billy Hatcher from SEGA, a brand new, heavily promising platformer that could well give Mario a run for his money. This game will be amongst the biggies that are planned for the Gamecube in the coming year or so. HAL have been working on Kirby's Air Ride, a game that will be a nice addition to the line-up like Smash Brothers before it.

But what of the big announcements? Well on the condition the Capcom 5 are still in development, Capcom have made theirs. Konami have confirmd the trio joint effort for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, this announcement is massive, it is one of the major selling points for the PS2 like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil before it...

And of Nintendo? Well other than the obvious second party polavour of Mario spin offs and original titles that deserve more recognition than they get the BIG Nintendo releases are really to be seen. Pikmin 2 has been confirmed by the AAA, multi-million, system selling games have all to be announced. Bar Mario Kart. E3 looks like Mario Karts show, this is one of those system sellers that Nintendo will be pushing in the next round. Now with Metroid, Mario and Zelda out of the way it is time for Mario Kart. But there will be and should be more... so what are they? Well unusually for Nintendo a AAA game from the last stage is making it into the next one with MARIO 128... another system seller we probably won't see till Spaceworld. So is the others Metroid PRime 2 or the next Zelda game already discussed? No I'm thinking Donkey Kong.

Nintendo confirmed they are making a game and those kongs make a fully fledged return in Mario Kart... expect a killer game to come for them.

But it is GTA you need to watch, with the official Nintendo E3 site constantly changing from Rockstar games to Gotham games it looks certain they are up to something and these rumours just won't die.

How many of these will we see at E3? Well I don't know... I doubt Nintendo wish to overshadow Mario Kart and I'm dying to know if the legend that is Factor 5 will show more than just their new Star Wars game... after all Pilotwings would be a b!tch of a game.

So many games so little time... now I'm returning to Zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.