GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VGA adaptor thingys."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/05/03 at 15:17
Regular
Anyone got/used one? I have a 17" monitor just sat there on my desk waiting to be used (Ok, so it's actually normally on and running something), capable of supporting refresh rates way beyond 60hz. I want to know if they work, and how well. And how the connect would be nice too.

I don't want to buy a new TV.
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:53
Regular
"accidental superher"
nah just get a vga box...(made by redant or something)....and then plug the monitor vga cable to the vga box and the stereo lead into the speaker out plug and you're off...no need for all this new graphics card business!
i don't actually have one for the gc...but i have one for the xbox, ps2 and dreamcast....and they all work well :D
Tue 06/05/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
An excuse to buy a new Graphics card! Yey.
Mon 05/05/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Excellent!"
To connect your GC to your PC you need a GeForce 4 ti4200+ (I think) or a video card (Any graphics or video card with a video-in should suffice, GeForce is the only one i know of out of the graphics cards and it's only on certain top-end models). Simply plug the video cable in to the video in on your card and the red and white cables into the sound card. You then need to use a program to be able to get the display. Something like PowerVCR is what you use (Not totally sure, i use an ATi myself) and winVCR will let you make real-time MPEGs of whatever the video-in on your card is recieving.

However, I know someone who does this so he can take his GC to LANs and the like, and he has a problem of only being able to run his GC at 50Hz. I think it may be the software he uses but i'm not 100%. Also it could be that it's a PAL GC so American/Japanese GC may be different.
Sun 04/05/03 at 20:46
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> *shrug*
>
>
> I would also like to hook up my Q to my monitor, then I could take
> screen shots and do video clips and stuff.

============

if it isnt hook up to your pc or acutally part of the OS running through a capture device. YOu can plug as many Qs up to monitors as you like.

need:

Capture card with video input and possibly sound (red and yellow)

computer

monitor

capture software.
Sun 04/05/03 at 17:00
"period drama"
*Out.
Knock yourself out.
Duh.

*Checks medicine*
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:59
"period drama"
*Shrug*

Knock yourself you.
Don't SR sell these? Couldn't you just *ahem* one from whereever they're kept?

Just for 'research purposes' of course.
Yes.
Sun 04/05/03 at 16:33
Regular
*shrug*

I would also like to hook up my Q to my monitor, then I could take screen shots and do video clips and stuff.
Sun 04/05/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Anyone got/used one? I have a 17" monitor just sat there on my desk waiting to be used (Ok, so it's actually normally on and running something), capable of supporting refresh rates way beyond 60hz. I want to know if they work, and how well. And how the connect would be nice too.

I don't want to buy a new TV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.