GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who here likes Golden Sun?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Sun'.
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Ditto"? I have now completed the sequel and it's way, way better than the original with loads of new and exicting psyenergy and summons to learn and control throughout the experence. All of which are quite a treat to watch as they are breath-takingly graphical masterpieces.

Also near the very end you find out what Alex's true intentions for lighting the lighthouses along with the strongest warriors of the Fire clan of the North.

It has quite a few plot twists which will intruige you all and give you a more enlightened look at the way the game plays.

As soon as this game comes out in a few months time for Europe you must buy this game if you already own and enjoy the first one and have played it way more than once through.
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:31
"The Will of D."
Well they didn't say that the sequel could be a direct continuation of the story, but with the events of Alex he could have survived but only barely.
*spoiler*

Didn't the wise one say that he transferred all of the power of the mars star into Isaac? or was that garet, coz he mentioned the mars star didn't contain all of the power it meant to have after the wise one told Isaac to hand him it. He did a quic something to it then gave it back (in the first game).
Alex could come back and Isaac will be an adult now along with Ivan still 3 years younger than them, they could have to go back to contigo to find him first but they wouldn't forget about him. Piers went back to Lemuria and hopefully they fired their counsel members.
They would allhave to search for Alex and end up fighting him, he may be under the control of an even bigger boss that is almost unstoppable by the Wise Ones standards to save the world of Weyard again.
Thu 29/05/03 at 23:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've been looking for news on a third Golden Sun, or a possible cube game but have come up with nothing. Anyone know of new games on the way?
I know the ending to the second isn't as open as the first but they could always make up the usual sequel plot: "A new dark evil needs to be thwarted".
Thu 29/05/03 at 22:07
"The Will of D."
I am also going over the first one again so I can find out more things that I missed, since both of the events including saving Hsu and talking to the mayor about the escaped convicts didn't cause anything in my GS2 game.
Thu 29/05/03 at 22:06
"The Will of D."
Well the second game is as long as other RPG's, the first one makes it just that longer.
Thu 29/05/03 at 21:42
Regular
I've played the original Golden Sun but it was far too short to make me want to shell out a second load to finish the story, even if it does promise to be better.

I think it was a bit of a rip-off splitting it into two adventures, especially when you get bigger RPG's in single games, but lets not get into that again! :-D
Thu 29/05/03 at 19:37
"The Will of D."
Also if you defeated the dreaded Blackbeard from Crossbone Isle you will overhear a conversation with two pirates in the top floor of the Alhafra Inn, who will mention that Isaac is now the King of all Pirates!
Thu 29/05/03 at 19:36
"The Will of D."
I have also found out that if you talk to the mayor of vault after you come back, he tells you the thieves have escaped, well after you chat with Karst in Madra you will end up coming face to face with the 3 thieves from GS. Alos if you saved Hsu from the Silk Road you will recieve a gift from a small girl who will be in Champa on your first visit there.
Thu 29/05/03 at 19:33
"The Will of D."
DeadMetal wrote:
> Pretty good game, but I can't stand Turn based combat. In my opinion,
> Zelda is better.

Well the Zelda battling on the GB is a bit predictable since you can rememeber who many enemies are in the certain section, but I don't usually like that as much as random turn style battling.
Thu 29/05/03 at 19:30
"The Will of D."
John.J wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> John.J are you gonna answer me? How far have you got on GS2?I've
> completed it. Very Interesting. Couldn't defeat the Duhallun guy
> though. He has this one move which either kills you or seriously
> hurts you. And how did you get your guys up to level 55? When I
> completed it my people were level 40.

I saved the game before I dropped down that slide thingy, and then went down fought and realised i couldn't do anything elseafter, then i decided to actually train up my guys.
I beat Duhallun, but I was at level 62 with my original roup and 54 with my other group. The best way to beat him is to go summons crazy using the Deadalus summon more because it has a special move that causes 1500hp to go bye bye, but i think you have to keep the person who used the summon ALIVE for it to happen. Also if yo want to train up hard, go to Islet cave after doing the animal trade sequence, fight some of the Wonder birds there, killing them off with Mercury Djinn to give off 11,000exps!
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:39
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
it is ok, but i find it a bit like pokemon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.