GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do youuu rely on strategy guides?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/05/03 at 19:36
Regular
My friend says to me on saturday "look what jason has and you don't" and what did he hold in his hand the strategy guide for Final Fantasy 10, I swear I felt like ripping his intestine out and strangling him with it.
But in my opinion they are now making games a notch harder to make us go out and buy the strategy guide. If you use a strategy guide incorrectly it can ruin your game and make you wish you hadn't bought that damn strategy guide and you could be down the local boozer getting blocked.

At this point I have to apologize to SR because I realise I'm accusing www.ukwalkthroughs.com of ruining our games. In their defense they do aid us on our journey through completing a certain game. It's very easy to get tips for a game today, I mean you can get them in magazines, internet and in the shops.I'm like everyone, get stuck at a part in Final Fantasy or any game and go out and buy the strategy guide for £11.99 and I find out that you can walk through a certain wall.

In my opinion buying a strategy guide for a game is like reading the whole script for a movie before you see it.

Thanks for reading
Bckpac
:>P
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:36
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
My friend says to me on saturday "look what jason has and you don't" and what did he hold in his hand the strategy guide for Final Fantasy 10, I swear I felt like ripping his intestine out and strangling him with it.
But in my opinion they are now making games a notch harder to make us go out and buy the strategy guide. If you use a strategy guide incorrectly it can ruin your game and make you wish you hadn't bought that damn strategy guide and you could be down the local boozer getting blocked.

At this point I have to apologize to SR because I realise I'm accusing www.ukwalkthroughs.com of ruining our games. In their defense they do aid us on our journey through completing a certain game. It's very easy to get tips for a game today, I mean you can get them in magazines, internet and in the shops.I'm like everyone, get stuck at a part in Final Fantasy or any game and go out and buy the strategy guide for £11.99 and I find out that you can walk through a certain wall.

In my opinion buying a strategy guide for a game is like reading the whole script for a movie before you see it.

Thanks for reading
Bckpac
:>P
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:39
Regular
Christ that was hard to read.
Wed 07/05/03 at 19:47
Regular
"8==="
only time i use game guides is when the game designers have got their logic wrong. like when the game says use the black key to open this door, when actually its the white key and they screwed up. its been puzzling enough a few times for me to check out a net guide. kick myself afterward, 'i should have known they'd do something like that'. Happens on cheap pc games a lot
Wed 07/05/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
*nobs at myst*

it was. Dunno why. Mabey he put a curse on it.

I shameully used a guide in Legend of Zelda on the n64 but i was young and naive.

Anyway i still loved every min of it. Now i make sure not to use them and sometimes, like on the wind waker today, i spend 2 hours looking for something just to get to a new puzzle :)

My brother got GTA vice city and used a guide to complete it.

I did once phone up the hints line on metroid prime and waster £3 cos it was a load of bull and didn't help with my problem (5 hours later i finally found the damn ice charger)
Wed 07/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
Semajal wrote:
> *nobs at myst*

Now there's no need for that. Put it away.
Thu 08/05/03 at 00:18
"I love yo... lamp."
Semajal wrote:
> I shameully used a guide in Legend of Zelda on the n64 but i was young
> and naive.

Don't e shameful for using one. So did I to find a piece of heart. Can't remember which one but I looked around for ages.

Also had to use a walkthrough to get through a mission in Hidden & Dangerous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.