GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not Promised Netspeed?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/07 at 11:38
Regular
I have recently changed to a vip tarrif after 1 weeks delay from 2mbit uncapped. My service has been upgraded to capped. I was charged on the 26th.
I am still at 2mbit not 8mbit.
Freeola staff said 'My apologies for the confusion, your regrade has not yet completed, this is due to complete on the 1st of May, at which point your speed should update.'
It's now the 2nd of May.

So far:
4 days delay in being able to select a tarrif.
2 days delay in actually switching me to the new tarrif and cap (After about a weeks wait).
7 days (as of tonight) of waiting for the extra netspeed.

Result: £36.99 for 2mbit capped (Got to laugh at that one)

Are upgrades normally this slow?
Is it standard practice to enforce a cap when the isp hasn't given full service?

Teth
Wed 02/05/07 at 11:38
Regular
I have recently changed to a vip tarrif after 1 weeks delay from 2mbit uncapped. My service has been upgraded to capped. I was charged on the 26th.
I am still at 2mbit not 8mbit.
Freeola staff said 'My apologies for the confusion, your regrade has not yet completed, this is due to complete on the 1st of May, at which point your speed should update.'
It's now the 2nd of May.

So far:
4 days delay in being able to select a tarrif.
2 days delay in actually switching me to the new tarrif and cap (After about a weeks wait).
7 days (as of tonight) of waiting for the extra netspeed.

Result: £36.99 for 2mbit capped (Got to laugh at that one)

Are upgrades normally this slow?
Is it standard practice to enforce a cap when the isp hasn't given full service?

Teth
Wed 02/05/07 at 18:06
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Sorry for the delay in processing your speed change. There has been an issue that we believe may have affected a number of ISP's ability successfully regrade customer broadband speeds. This has been looked at urgently by our technical partners and our own Systems team. The cause of the problem has now been detected and I hope I will be able to get confirmation that your connection has been regraded in the morning.

In the meantime, I would like to again apologise for the delay.
Wed 02/05/07 at 18:34
Regular
Hello,
I've also been waiting for a regrade.

Originally I was given the 26th April as the 'latest' date, but this then changed to the 2nd May (today).

I can see BT have done their bit but my connection isn't using the new connection speed.

Where you say 'the problem has been identified' does that mean that I will also have better luck tomorrow?

NB. The Freeola rep. 'Rob' on TBB as well as Nic have been co-ordinating my change. Please see 'Freeola Rob' for more details than you will want!

Thanks in advance...
Thu 03/05/07 at 09:54
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
The latest information I have is that steps have been taken to correct the problem and that regrades are now beginning to go through successfully again.

Therefore, if you don't see the change take place today it should certainly happen over the next day or two as the outstanding regrades are put through as quickly as possible.
Thu 03/05/07 at 11:12
Regular
Thanks for the update.

FYI - my regrade kicked in at 9.30 this morning and I'm sitting here enjoying it!
Thu 03/05/07 at 11:43
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Glad to hear it :)
Thu 03/05/07 at 12:26
Regular
I've just this second gotten on the pc the first thing i did was check my router.

Downstream Rate: 8128 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 832 Kbps

Thanks to freeola. The speed of upgrade may have been delayed/out of their hands but the staff are the best isp support i've ever dealt with.

Teth
Thu 03/05/07 at 15:02
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Fantastic, I'm happy the problem's been resolved for you. Sorry again for the delay and I hope you enjoy the new speeds!
Thu 03/05/07 at 22:30
Regular
loki wrote:
> Fantastic, I'm happy the problem's been resolved for you. Sorry
> again for the delay and I hope you enjoy the new speeds!

I did.
Onpeak = 800kb/sec
Offpeak = 8pm 800kb/sec 9pm 600kb/sec 10:30pm 250kb/sec
OUCH!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.