GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2: Point Of Impact"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2: Point of Impact'.
Sat 10/05/03 at 17:02
Regular
Wharragame!

I've had so much fun in Crash Mode, although my Dad has beaten my top scores in many of the courses in that now. And he took about half the time to do so as well.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this, and I've also had a go at the multiplayer, which, although has a little bit of slowdown, is brilliant all the same.

For some odd reason, before it autosaves, it deletes/formats my file, but then saves right after, so I get everything back again... is it just the game or is it my memory card? Don't really mind though, as it isn't like I lose anything anyway.

So, yeah, go get it. Crashing smashing excitement! Vrooom!
Sat 10/05/03 at 17:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Wharragame!

I've had so much fun in Crash Mode, although my Dad has beaten my top scores in many of the courses in that now. And he took about half the time to do so as well.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this, and I've also had a go at the multiplayer, which, although has a little bit of slowdown, is brilliant all the same.

For some odd reason, before it autosaves, it deletes/formats my file, but then saves right after, so I get everything back again... is it just the game or is it my memory card? Don't really mind though, as it isn't like I lose anything anyway.

So, yeah, go get it. Crashing smashing excitement! Vrooom!
Sat 10/05/03 at 17:06
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
*Sticks Burnout 2 on wishlist*
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

It's formatted my memory card!

After every race it would go to save and say the file was corrupted, but as long as I actually confirmed it deleting the game everything was fine, and it didn't actually delete. But this time, I went to Continue Without Saving by mistake, and it just formatted the whole memory card.

Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Pikmin, TS2, SMB2, not to mention Burnout 2 itself.

Gah.
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
Ouch

All that Zelda again..
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
I got that problem too, but i think i fixed it, wot u do is use an official one. seems to have fixed it for me.

oh and crash mode is good but championchip is much better, burning through those streets at full speed.....ah joy.
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:20
Regular
Never trust dodgy 3rd party peripherals.

I'd be so pieced if I lost all those saves.

Oh and yes, Burnout 2 rocks. So far though it's been bit easy really, I'm on the custom championship and haven't really had many problems winning the majority of the races.
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:21
Regular
the chasing ones are decent
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:26
Regular
look on the front or the box, the cars in the action, they no people in them!!

:^)
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:30
"period drama"
Hey ... 1 question - does the GC version have all the extra stuff from the PS2 version? Or is it only the XB one which gets all the new stuff?
Otherwise I'll just pick up a cheap copy of the PS2 one, seeing as I kinda missed it the first time around.

What's up with this memory card shinanigans..... yes. Where'd I put that dictionary
Sat 10/05/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My memory card said the Burnout 2 file was corrupted.

I'll have to check it now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.