GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stinkin' thps3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 12:42
Regular
Stinkin' Tony Hawks has been pushed stinkin' back a-stinkin'-gain. Why?
Novenber 9th I expected it, then 16th, then 23rd, now 30th.

Will it ever see the light of day?

Waahhh! I'm too impatient. What other good games can I get to pass the time. Even stinkin' Airblade is out now, shame it looks poo really, it could've been ideal :-(
Tue 13/11/01 at 01:17
I bet its to do with sodding european languages, again!

Darn foreigners! Things were a lot better when we had our empire. Roll out the queen I say! Get them all speaking English!
Mon 12/11/01 at 20:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Tony Hawks should be out in the US by now

Tony hawks has been released in the US, I know for sure. (I have contacts!)
There has probably been some kind of problem converting it from NTSC to PAL. Or like SSXPro said, the modem capabilities.
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:31
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Nov 30th? Nooooooooo!!!!
I can't wait for this game! Can't wait to pull off some cool flatland tricks! And see what the new levels are like!
Mon 12/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Tony Hawks should be out in the US by now so hopefully they wont put it back any further - I dont think I could stand for any further delays - I must have this game!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
Bizki† Møn§†€® wrote:

this game will make all the
> nintys jealous

yes...THPS3 is coming out for Gamecube launch.
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:25
Tony Hawks Pro skater 3 will be the best sports game the world has ever seen.
You can forget Pro Evolution and Fifa 2002 this game will make all the nintys jealous and all the sonys proud at a game that will finally make some nintys clap at the supreme graphics and the levels have become much more fluent and link together as if it was all one move. The first thing you will notice is the graphics they will make your mouth hits the floor so many times you will have to wire it up to your mouth. You now can do missions like stop the criminal before the police lose him. The draw distance on the game is superb in stead of the 20 meters on tony hawks 2 it streches out as far as you can see. Predestrains either give you points for the tricks you do infront of them or they will just shout abuse at you for cutting them up. The tricks are now linked together so if you tap a button three times and move the d-pad in a direction he will do a triple kick flip. The tricks have also been vastly expanded and you will want to play this again and again until you have beaten all the high scores, BUT what happens once you have done all that?
you then can try and do every single move which will take a long time to master and then you can try and find all the short cuts which will also take about a week to find.
Tony hawk fans will love it, non fans will love it INFACT every one will love it
Get this game
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:10
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
ssxpro wrote:

Why release the game now, when you could wait for Devil May Cry,
> Jak and Daxter, Wipeout Fusion and SSX Tricky, and compete against eachother for
> sales?

Surtly if they waited for other games to be released they would hav less sales? Say, there are gamers out there that get paid monthly, and can only afford 1 game per month. Are you going to choose THPS3 over airblade? probably. Are you going to choose it over SSX Tricky, DMC, Wipeout, and J&D, not as likely.

It could be delayed because of the linkup. The Sony modem is not finalised yet, and they cannot release the game until the specs are decided upon, otherwise if the specs change, the feature is useless.

Seems plauseable....
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:04
Regular
Devil May Cry and SSX Tricky are the two games im getting for christmas
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:03
Regular
Maybe they are waiting until the really good competition arrives at the end of November.

Why release the game now, when you could wait for Devil May Cry, Jak and Daxter, Wipeout Fusion and SSX Tricky, and compete against eachother for sales?
Mon 12/11/01 at 13:03
Regular
it looks good i might get it i need persuading though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.