GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet hates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/05/03 at 08:12
Regular
I class pet hates as those things which really, really annoy you. The kind of things that when you say you absolutely hate it, or it irritates the hell out of you, your friends either:

1. Smile strangely at you and say "yeah, okay", in a condescending manner
2. Shrug and say it doesn't bother them
3. Agree that something is annoying but not with the emotion that you attach to that thing.

I have two:

Firstly, people who cannot be bothered to clean up after themselves in food areas that state "this is a self clean area"

Secondly, panty lines. This one really, really annoys me.

Just curious, what are yours?
Tue 13/05/03 at 08:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I class pet hates as those things which really, really annoy you. The kind of things that when you say you absolutely hate it, or it irritates the hell out of you, your friends either:

1. Smile strangely at you and say "yeah, okay", in a condescending manner
2. Shrug and say it doesn't bother them
3. Agree that something is annoying but not with the emotion that you attach to that thing.

I have two:

Firstly, people who cannot be bothered to clean up after themselves in food areas that state "this is a self clean area"

Secondly, panty lines. This one really, really annoys me.

Just curious, what are yours?
Tue 13/05/03 at 08:29
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
1.People who bump into in the street and look at you as if your in the way.
And as a bonus to that, people who just carry on walking towards you even though it obvious they can't get passed, and seem to expect you to be able to levitate out of thier path.

2.Old people who complain in loud voices about the youth of today.

3.Anyone I don't know looking at me.

(Okay so I'm a sociophobe)
Tue 13/05/03 at 08:35
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
We all have our "phobes" :)
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Secondly, panty lines. This one really, really annoys me.

Depends on your viewpoint.

My pet hates:

Ignorant people.
Cheating in online games.
Babies crying.
Religion.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Stealth dogs.
The kind that sit in silence waiting to pounce behind front doors.
Post something through the letterbox and ruff/growl/ruff.
Heart-attack time.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:28
"For the horde!!!!"
Groups of people who walk side by side on the pavement blocking it.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Slab-faced pedestrians that walk slowly across the road thinking "He'll slow down" and then jump out the way as Goatboy bears down on them with a steely glint. Road for cars, pavement for people.

Cashiers that dont tell you how much, expect you to look at the amount yourself and just hold their hand out. Manners cost nothing, as does a rabbit punch to the kidneys.

Pizza Hut in Harlow.
"We've run out of dough". It's flour and water - you mongoloids.
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:46
Regular
"not dead"
Ineedsleep wrote:

>
> Firstly, people who cannot be bothered to clean up after themselves in
> food areas that state "this is a self clean area"

I'm with you on this one. What effort does it take to take your tray to oneof the numerous bin, and drop your trash into it?

Secondly, dogs. People that say "Don't worry, he likes children". Yeah, I bet he just loves an unknowing child pulling his tail, poking him in the eye with a stick and the like. Also, I don't like dogs, so get the dirty mongrel away from me before I kick it in the balls.

Third would be idiots in general, not following clearly set out rules.

And people that say "What you reading for?"
Tue 13/05/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Secondly, dogs. People that say "Don't worry, he likes
> children". Yeah, I bet he just loves an unknowing child pulling
> his tail, poking him in the eye with a stick and the like
--

Hell I dont like that either. Any kid starts doing that to me and they get a short sweet ride through the sky
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Light of the world"
1)LIERS

2)People who say they like somthing or didnt like something and then way you say different-they change the entire tune to what you just said. Grrrr!

3) Customers that click there fingers and shout 'oi you lady' when they want to be served and don't look at you when they are asking for something

4) Girly girls that hide behind there glass when eating in an attempt to be 'ladylike' and think the world will turn over as they have indeed just broken one of their fake nails they spent £30 a set for!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.