GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cool Boy's walkthrough GAD win"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/07/06 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/godfather_c.txt

(can't actually link directly to Gamefaqs walkthroughs, blasted things)

I've only read the first 4 or so paragraphs of the walkthrough but as those were word for word i'll assume the rest of the walkthrough is as well.

Unless the rules have changed i thought copying walkthroughs wasn't allowed, only cheats. This makes people like me, who actually spend time writing a walkthrough on our own, hoping to win a GAD pretty annoyed when stuff like that happens and see someone just have to copy one and pass it off as their own (also stealing other people's work who have worked hard on it and taken time out of their life to write it) as we get passed over
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/godfather_c.txt

(can't actually link directly to Gamefaqs walkthroughs, blasted things)

I've only read the first 4 or so paragraphs of the walkthrough but as those were word for word i'll assume the rest of the walkthrough is as well.

Unless the rules have changed i thought copying walkthroughs wasn't allowed, only cheats. This makes people like me, who actually spend time writing a walkthrough on our own, hoping to win a GAD pretty annoyed when stuff like that happens and see someone just have to copy one and pass it off as their own (also stealing other people's work who have worked hard on it and taken time out of their life to write it) as we get passed over
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:40
Regular
"Mooching around"
oooh! Like a wise man once said "Busted!"

Ha!
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought something was up when i saw all that list of stuff down at the bottom of it, that is a blatant Gamefaqs style walkthrough and sure enough, lifted right off of there
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well done then.

So what happens now? Will the staff ban him, or will his walkthrough just be removed and his GAD cancelled?
Wed 05/07/06 at 13:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hopefully it'll be cancelled and opened up again, i'm sure there's a certain Dragon Quest 8 experience walkthrough guide that was actually written off the person's own merits up for contention *hint hint nudge nudge* :-D
Wed 05/07/06 at 17:03
Regular
"incognito"
You're quite right, the walkthrough was almost entirely copied. I have made the decision to delete it and cancel the prize. The new winner should be announced shortly. Oh by the way, if anyone notices that Kawada's walkthrough is copied let me know! ;)
Wed 05/07/06 at 17:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Booooo :-D I figured i'd write a walkthrough on the Dragon Quest thing considering i had basically already written a whole walkthrough about it answering people's questions on *the other site* Looks like it became worthwhile :-D

Thank you again and glad i could help catch the cheater

However yayyyy for the new winner :-D
Wed 05/07/06 at 17:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You might want to not consider him again as the person whose godfather walkthrough he copied told me about this to

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ hitman_2_silent_assassin_a.txt

http://walkthrough.freeola.com/ playstation-2_l/ hitman-2-silent-assasin_3721.html

(take the spaces out obviously :-) )

Again, virtually word for word. I hope he didn't win a GAD for that
Wed 05/07/06 at 17:34
Regular
"incognito"
I don't believe he did win any (I hope not), I have deleted his walkthroughs before and he has been flagged on our internal system for copying. I didn't choose his win today, I have already decided to treat his posts with suspicion and double check them.
Wed 05/07/06 at 17:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Good good. Should hire someone to check all the submitted things, i volunteer for this job and i'll start out at 30k with stock options and a good health plan thank ye :-)

By the way just to make sure for the future, game cheats are allowed to be copied aren't they? It's just the walkthroughs that have to be your own work right?

Also not sure if you do the handling of GAD claims but is there any chance of having the voucher code be sent by e-mail? If not that's cool, just wondering if there is that possibility then i'd like to take it so i don't have to wait for Mr Postie

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.