GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawk Underground WTF?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tony Hawk's Underground'.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:40
Regular
Taken from IGN.com

May 14, 2003 - The doors to E3 have just opened and already the surprises are popping up. Tony Hawk's Underground, Actvision's latest foray into the Pro Skater series is being showcased in video from on the show floor. We'll have video of this trailer soon enough, in the meantime here's all the details you need to know about what will be a very different Tony Hawk.
Underground isn't just some attempt to capture a hip new name. This is an adventure game filled with skating. As shown in the video, gmaers can now hop off their board, run around, climb ladders, shimmey on roofs, and drive cars throughout the city. Yeah, it's a whole new world.

Skater's like Hawk, Bob Burnquist, and Buckey Lasek are all in the game, but the new change is that you will now be in the game as well. Acitivision is promising that any gamer's face can be scanned and plugged into the game so that gamer's can play as themselves. How this will be implemented is unknown, but we'll be certain to get the full skinny shortly.

The create-a-park mode is also revamped. You can now create your own game. Giant city buildings and apparently anything else in the game world can be added to your own park. More over, you can create your own goals, set up S-K-A-T-E and lay down the letters wherever you want. And you can create and name your own tricks. We're not sure how any of this will work online, but the possibilities are tantalizing.

Taking place during all times of day and in industrial areas like a nuclear plant, T.H.U.G. should, at least, quell any of the gripes form gamer's that Activision does nothing new with the Hawk series. We'll have more very soon.
Fri 16/05/03 at 22:43
Regular
I love all Tony Hawks games... they keep getting better.

Will get this.
Fri 16/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> A non violent GTA with skating.

Perfectly put. A GTA version of skating.
Fri 16/05/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I like the sound of this game!

I enjoyed No.3, but I haven't got No.4, yet, so I reckon I'm going to like this one, too.

...Just as long as it DOES live-up to its initial promies - which I reckon it WILL.
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
I dont think will be a success at all
Wed 14/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"Well, when we said driving, what we actually meant to say was 'skating'. BUT, but, the on foot sections remain, the only change is that there is now a wheeled board between you and the ground, improving speed and coolness. We feel these changes have improved the game drastically"
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:58
"period drama"
*Later this year*
They say they've scrapped ll on-foot and driving sections, you'll always be on a board. Create-a-park can manage 1 big building, and nothing else. No sign of a face-scanning devise for under £500.
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Festivus!"
I wrote something about a game like tis a long time ago...

Damn Activision and stealing my thoughts!
Wed 14/05/03 at 18:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
A non violent GTA with skating.
w00t.
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Less of a skateboard sim, more of a "life sim", I'm thinking.
Regular
*yawn* TH does nothing for me know - played one, played 'em all, the gimmicks change but the premise is still the same...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.