GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The FOG Story Origin"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/11/01 at 19:22
Regular
CHAPTER 1 – THE SAGA BEGINS

Mystique looked at the gang as they had their little clubhouse meeting in the underground HQ of Special Reserve. She put up with these things because she knew that sooner or later it would get interesting again and they’d be off to save the earth.

Grix was chairing.

“So what’s the next point on the agenda then Ant?”

“Supplies. Who pays what and how much do we get.”

“I know where this is leading…” said pb to the others as they smiled and nodded.

“Sugar,” said Ant on queue “Who eats all my sugar?”

“er…you?” suggested Dringo tentatively.

The muttered reply from Ant was incomprehensible, but they all knew what he was saying.

“OK.” Said Grix, “A.O.B.”

“Wasn’t that in Thunderbirds?” said Shocktrooper.

Er-no tutted. “It stands for Any Other Business…” he explained.

“Well…” said Mystique suddenly. “I’d like to know how you lot came to be the champions of the universe, protectors of all that needs protecting and all round geezers of good, etc…”

Grix’s face lit up, he loved a good story. “Well, it all started when Tony called the UKChatforums together…”

CHAPTER 2 – ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?

Ant read the message on his home PC.

‘This is Tony. We are having a party for all the dedicated Chatforum users out there, we’ll even lay on a bus for you. All you have to do is book the 6th April off and come down to SR HQ. Food and drink will be provided.’

“Mum, can I go on a trip?” said Ant as loud as he could down the stairs.

It was a long journey. Ant felt a bit travel sick too, but he was too excited about meeting the other FOG members to worry about something like this. The only person he thought he wouldn’t meet was Grix, who was notorious for remaining secretive about his real life. ‘Wow!’ he thought to himself, ‘Meeting Tony after all this time!’

The car park was full of people as Ant got out of the coach. Some had brought their cars and other had come on public transport, like himself.

“Hey Ant!” said a voice as Ant turned to see Pb and Meka. He recognised them from their pictures.

“Hey! Wow, I don’t know what to say now, it’s mad meeting you in reality…I just can’t get used to it.”

“Don’t worry.” Said Pb. “It’s the same for all of us. Come over here, meet Sheepy and Your Honour.”

Most of the regular posters from UkChatforums had already gathered around the stage as Tony got up to officially welcome them all.

“Welcome to Special Reserve folks.” Said Tony with a smile, it soon changed though as he continued his speech. “I haven’t just brought you here to meet me, or everyone else.” The microphone produced a little feedback as Tony adjusted it. “We have a situation, and I need your help to save the earth!”

“It’s one of those murder weekends, isn’t it?!” said Goatboy to Fogmaster.

CHAPTER 3 - The Dream Team

“I know what you’re thinking…” said Tony, “But I’m serious…deadly serious!” Tony continued as everyone waited to see what he’d say next. “I need a team of heroes that will help protect the earth. I have a machine that will give each of you abilities or tools to help you in your quest and these…” Tony held up some red strapped watches. “These are teleportation devices that will allow you to get here instantaneously, unfortunately, you will have to leave them here once you arrive, as they only have a limited range.”

Tony got down from the stage and started to show people to the special booth that stood just inside a warehouse. Ant went in first and everyone watched as he slowly disappeared.

“Where’d he go?” asked a stunned Wookie.

“Everyone gets a power or device, depending on what the machine finds in their mind at the time. I’m afraid it’s difficult to control. Ant, it seems, was thinking of Ants…” He pointed to the small creature on the floor of the booth. It grew suddenly and soon a 4 foot Ant stood in front of them.

“Cool.” Said FM.

“He will have the power to change back and forward into the creature.” Explained Tony as he read the machine printout. “Could be a bit confusing if anyone reads an account of the story later on though! Who’s next?”

Pb stepped into the machine. He disappeared and a strange groaning sound made everyone turn around as they watched a blue police box materialise behind them.

“Pb, it seems, has a Tardis. It should be able to follow him and he can call it when he’s in trouble.” Said Tony.

CHAPTER 4 - A Stranger Appears

As the queue settled down and everyone took their turn to get into the machine, a dark suited young man arrived at the scene.

“Am I too late?” he asked.

“Who?” asked Fogmaster, with a puzzled expression.

“It’s Grix!” said FM, who worked out the mysterious character’s identity as soon as he saw him.

Grix grinned. “You were expecting someone else?” he said as he shook FM’s hand and went to talk to a few of the other posters.

“Ah, Grix.” Said Tony. “Would you like to step in to the machine?”

Grix stepped into the booth and electricity crackled as everyone watched the neon lightshow. He stepped back out, combing his hair as he smiled at everyone.

“Hm. I don’t feel any different!” he said.

“Neither do I!” came a voice from behind him. Grix turned to face…Grix.

“Ah.” Said Tony, reading the readout. “It seems that Grix is able to separate into two people, one is Grix himself and the other is a representation of his brain!”

The crowd grasped.

“Well, you can think of me as the improved version of Grix.” Said Grix’s brain.

Grix concentrated and the two bodies blurred then merged together to form one single Grix again.

“Hm. Might have to keep that guy in check!” he said, adjusting his shirt.

The day went on as Tony showed them around SR and into the underground headquarters, with all the mod cons of any decent secret rescue service and more besides.

“Nice. Like Space 1999 and Star Trek all rolled into one.” Said RBS.

“This door, “said Tony. “is to teleport to your chosen destination. You’ll find that it can take you to almost anywhere you want, even fictional places.” Tony turned and looked at the time. “Well. that seems to be just about it. You can all use your watches to get home. Wear them at all times and I will contact you if the world needs you.”

As he spoke, Ant came running in, being chased by Dringo. He didn’t notice that the rug on the floor was folded and tripped, knocking in to Grix, Sheepy and FM as he flew towards the door. Sheepy hit his head as he entered the door and Ali rushed over to stop him, but the entrance started to pull him in too. Just as they entered, Dringo started to fiddle with a nearby control panel.

“Hey!” said Dringo “You can get Star Wars to come up on this….”

PROLOGUE

“and that’s how it all began…” said Grix, closing the book and putting it on the floor.

“Well, I still don’t think your entrance was that great Grix!” said Er-no as he ate another cookie.

Mystique laughed “So that was it? Bit of a strange way of recruiting people to save the earth if you ask me! ” she said. “Right, I’m off to find that machine of Tony’s and get a special power.”

And she did.
Thu 14/11/02 at 19:26
Regular
". “Right, I’m off to find that machine of Tony’s and get a special power.”

And she did."
I really did you know.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:16
"possibly impossible"
Ah, doing the new FOG story just reminded me about this! Those were the days.
Sun 30/12/01 at 17:00
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
yeah, right.
Sat 22/12/01 at 22:52
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
so thats where the FOG story came from.
Wed 07/11/01 at 19:22
"possibly impossible"
CHAPTER 1 – THE SAGA BEGINS

Mystique looked at the gang as they had their little clubhouse meeting in the underground HQ of Special Reserve. She put up with these things because she knew that sooner or later it would get interesting again and they’d be off to save the earth.

Grix was chairing.

“So what’s the next point on the agenda then Ant?”

“Supplies. Who pays what and how much do we get.”

“I know where this is leading…” said pb to the others as they smiled and nodded.

“Sugar,” said Ant on queue “Who eats all my sugar?”

“er…you?” suggested Dringo tentatively.

The muttered reply from Ant was incomprehensible, but they all knew what he was saying.

“OK.” Said Grix, “A.O.B.”

“Wasn’t that in Thunderbirds?” said Shocktrooper.

Er-no tutted. “It stands for Any Other Business…” he explained.

“Well…” said Mystique suddenly. “I’d like to know how you lot came to be the champions of the universe, protectors of all that needs protecting and all round geezers of good, etc…”

Grix’s face lit up, he loved a good story. “Well, it all started when Tony called the UKChatforums together…”

CHAPTER 2 – ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?

Ant read the message on his home PC.

‘This is Tony. We are having a party for all the dedicated Chatforum users out there, we’ll even lay on a bus for you. All you have to do is book the 6th April off and come down to SR HQ. Food and drink will be provided.’

“Mum, can I go on a trip?” said Ant as loud as he could down the stairs.

It was a long journey. Ant felt a bit travel sick too, but he was too excited about meeting the other FOG members to worry about something like this. The only person he thought he wouldn’t meet was Grix, who was notorious for remaining secretive about his real life. ‘Wow!’ he thought to himself, ‘Meeting Tony after all this time!’

The car park was full of people as Ant got out of the coach. Some had brought their cars and other had come on public transport, like himself.

“Hey Ant!” said a voice as Ant turned to see Pb and Meka. He recognised them from their pictures.

“Hey! Wow, I don’t know what to say now, it’s mad meeting you in reality…I just can’t get used to it.”

“Don’t worry.” Said Pb. “It’s the same for all of us. Come over here, meet Sheepy and Your Honour.”

Most of the regular posters from UkChatforums had already gathered around the stage as Tony got up to officially welcome them all.

“Welcome to Special Reserve folks.” Said Tony with a smile, it soon changed though as he continued his speech. “I haven’t just brought you here to meet me, or everyone else.” The microphone produced a little feedback as Tony adjusted it. “We have a situation, and I need your help to save the earth!”

“It’s one of those murder weekends, isn’t it?!” said Goatboy to Fogmaster.

CHAPTER 3 - The Dream Team

“I know what you’re thinking…” said Tony, “But I’m serious…deadly serious!” Tony continued as everyone waited to see what he’d say next. “I need a team of heroes that will help protect the earth. I have a machine that will give each of you abilities or tools to help you in your quest and these…” Tony held up some red strapped watches. “These are teleportation devices that will allow you to get here instantaneously, unfortunately, you will have to leave them here once you arrive, as they only have a limited range.”

Tony got down from the stage and started to show people to the special booth that stood just inside a warehouse. Ant went in first and everyone watched as he slowly disappeared.

“Where’d he go?” asked a stunned Wookie.

“Everyone gets a power or device, depending on what the machine finds in their mind at the time. I’m afraid it’s difficult to control. Ant, it seems, was thinking of Ants…” He pointed to the small creature on the floor of the booth. It grew suddenly and soon a 4 foot Ant stood in front of them.

“Cool.” Said FM.

“He will have the power to change back and forward into the creature.” Explained Tony as he read the machine printout. “Could be a bit confusing if anyone reads an account of the story later on though! Who’s next?”

Pb stepped into the machine. He disappeared and a strange groaning sound made everyone turn around as they watched a blue police box materialise behind them.

“Pb, it seems, has a Tardis. It should be able to follow him and he can call it when he’s in trouble.” Said Tony.

CHAPTER 4 - A Stranger Appears

As the queue settled down and everyone took their turn to get into the machine, a dark suited young man arrived at the scene.

“Am I too late?” he asked.

“Who?” asked Fogmaster, with a puzzled expression.

“It’s Grix!” said FM, who worked out the mysterious character’s identity as soon as he saw him.

Grix grinned. “You were expecting someone else?” he said as he shook FM’s hand and went to talk to a few of the other posters.

“Ah, Grix.” Said Tony. “Would you like to step in to the machine?”

Grix stepped into the booth and electricity crackled as everyone watched the neon lightshow. He stepped back out, combing his hair as he smiled at everyone.

“Hm. I don’t feel any different!” he said.

“Neither do I!” came a voice from behind him. Grix turned to face…Grix.

“Ah.” Said Tony, reading the readout. “It seems that Grix is able to separate into two people, one is Grix himself and the other is a representation of his brain!”

The crowd grasped.

“Well, you can think of me as the improved version of Grix.” Said Grix’s brain.

Grix concentrated and the two bodies blurred then merged together to form one single Grix again.

“Hm. Might have to keep that guy in check!” he said, adjusting his shirt.

The day went on as Tony showed them around SR and into the underground headquarters, with all the mod cons of any decent secret rescue service and more besides.

“Nice. Like Space 1999 and Star Trek all rolled into one.” Said RBS.

“This door, “said Tony. “is to teleport to your chosen destination. You’ll find that it can take you to almost anywhere you want, even fictional places.” Tony turned and looked at the time. “Well. that seems to be just about it. You can all use your watches to get home. Wear them at all times and I will contact you if the world needs you.”

As he spoke, Ant came running in, being chased by Dringo. He didn’t notice that the rug on the floor was folded and tripped, knocking in to Grix, Sheepy and FM as he flew towards the door. Sheepy hit his head as he entered the door and Ali rushed over to stop him, but the entrance started to pull him in too. Just as they entered, Dringo started to fiddle with a nearby control panel.

“Hey!” said Dringo “You can get Star Wars to come up on this….”

PROLOGUE

“and that’s how it all began…” said Grix, closing the book and putting it on the floor.

“Well, I still don’t think your entrance was that great Grix!” said Er-no as he ate another cookie.

Mystique laughed “So that was it? Bit of a strange way of recruiting people to save the earth if you ask me! ” she said. “Right, I’m off to find that machine of Tony’s and get a special power.”

And she did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.