GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Loyalty Bonus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/10 at 17:05
Regular
I was checking up on your pricing after having been fined yet again for going over our CAP, 9GB over this month, Kids (well 19 year old WOW player) am going to throttle him, how ever that aside, on checking I see that for a few £ more I could upgrade my package but also get charged £3 to regrade, yet if I leave Freeola and then rejoin, I would get my new tarrif and a FREE wireless router!! hardly seems fair to me, am I missing some thing here? after all these years of regular payments to Freeola is this how we are rewarded, my money is tempting new customers in with a FREE router.

Digi
Wed 30/06/10 at 00:41
Regular
Cheers guys will look in to this bitmeter thingy :-)

Digi

Noted that am not getting a FREE re grade
Tue 29/06/10 at 13:22
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Just to provide some more anecdotal evidence about the usefulness of stats....

When we moved ISP several months ago, I really wanted to give Freeola a go. The one thing that made us pick a different provider though was the availability of stats. My current provider lets me see daily, weekly and monthly usage totals and even tries to break it down by traffic type. If you're having trouble managing your usage, its really helpful to be able to see it all laid out like this.

And digi, you could install something like Bitmeter 2 on your machines so you've got some per machine tracking of usage. Even if you cant get it installed on every machine in use, it at least rules some out of the equation if you cant fathom where bandwidth is going.
Tue 29/06/10 at 13:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt,
Just to pick up on your point :¬)

Re. More detailed usage stats.
Just seeing each days usage rather than a running total can be useful to try to identify usage spikes.
i.e. children off school correlates to daily spikes, etc.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 29/06/10 at 12:40
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
A few points to address:

1) A new connection will require you to pay the activation charge, so please consider that before doing so

2) The new conenction will come with a free one port modem router (unfortunately not wireless).

3) The usage figures are updated every day already. Believe this update is run every morning at 3am.This does allow quite detailed monitoring.

Whilst Enta may provide more detailed results (on specific issues) they are certainly not going to narrow down bit by bit where you are using your bandwidth.

As for testing the account, there are a cuople of ways of doing so;

a) Using software to monitor the usage. I have not done so myself, so know very little about it, Although several customers have done so successfully.

b) Only allowing the router to be on during usage for a set period and monitoring exactly what is being done during these times. Ensure you are narrowing down ways of the test being correupted (using only 1 PC etc).

This may be inconvenient but is generally the only way of being 100% that the usage is as you believe
Tue 29/06/10 at 11:56
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
It would be nice to be able to have more detailed usage stats available. I believe Enta do provide daily totals, so perhaps this is something Freeola could look at introducing?

Have your family perhaps been watching more online TV recently with all the sporting events etc. lately? Streaming TV uses a LOT of your monthly 'usage'!

I'm on Freeola's £25 'Pro' package which is more than enough for me (and my family) - in fact that £25 must be the best investment I make each month for entertainment and work!

Hopefully Freeola will be able to change your tariff for free as a good will gesture... (If they haven't already) ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/06/10 at 18:35
Regular
Hi Neil

I can only blame my son, yet he says (and I dont doubt him) that after our last 2 fines that he now only downloads off peak (after midnight and he stops at 6AM ) so this should be in the "unlimited" section, but we have no way of checking when these limits are breached checking online it simply gives a total between dates, its not like an electricity bill that you can query, its there system against our word, am not doubting the system but he is adamant he is not excessive in his down loads, I do facebook and a few emails and my wife dosent do that much either so we are at a loss as how this has came about, good job we are not with some of the main stream ISPs or we would have been kicked off for this offence :-)

Digi
Mon 28/06/10 at 17:26
Regular
I went 27GB over mine this month. Not funny. Thanks to an online backup service *not* working as expected.

Needless to say I don't use them anymore.

But yes, I was looking at regrading and noticed the regrade fee.

Been with Freeola 10 years or so.

Hmmm...

Neil
Mon 28/06/10 at 17:05
Regular
I was checking up on your pricing after having been fined yet again for going over our CAP, 9GB over this month, Kids (well 19 year old WOW player) am going to throttle him, how ever that aside, on checking I see that for a few £ more I could upgrade my package but also get charged £3 to regrade, yet if I leave Freeola and then rejoin, I would get my new tarrif and a FREE wireless router!! hardly seems fair to me, am I missing some thing here? after all these years of regular payments to Freeola is this how we are rewarded, my money is tempting new customers in with a FREE router.

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.