GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"multiplayer offline or online"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/08/00 at 18:26
Regular
I would like to know if anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinion on multiplayer gaming.
On the N64 we had some multiplayer gaming clasics, Mario Kart 64 being my personal best. Get 4 people around the TV and let loose. Ganging up on one player and backstabbing your own partner made this all part of the fun that was multiplayer gaming. Goldeneye, PD, and Marioparty are amoung the best multiplayer games out there. Guess what, non of them are online. I think online gaming is a cool idea but you can't compare it gloating in front of a mate when playing the aforementioned games. There isn't that satisfaction.
As the internet goes, you can't beat a PC. I have a DC (chu chu is much better playing with you mates than online) and never use it to go on the internet. Why? because I have a PC, the whole interface and user friendliness makes the PC tops when it comes to using the internet. So I don't care if the Dolphin is capable of going online, because Nintendo will bring out some games to follow PD, Mario series which will have multiplayer sections. So I can't wait to see what they come up with. Sega have tried this online approach and all credit to them for bringing out cool games such as Chu Chu, but playing Mario Kart64 with your mates is much much better. If anyone disagrees then voice your opinions. Oh by the way isn't it funny to see Sony messing up with the launch of the PS2 (delayed by 1 month). Apparently only 100,000 units will make it to our shores before Christmas. Thank god I won't be buying one. Long live Nintendo and Sega and everyone else except Sony. (Sorry couldn't help myself)
Peace!!!!!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 12/08/00 at 18:26
I would like to know if anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinion on multiplayer gaming.
On the N64 we had some multiplayer gaming clasics, Mario Kart 64 being my personal best. Get 4 people around the TV and let loose. Ganging up on one player and backstabbing your own partner made this all part of the fun that was multiplayer gaming. Goldeneye, PD, and Marioparty are amoung the best multiplayer games out there. Guess what, non of them are online. I think online gaming is a cool idea but you can't compare it gloating in front of a mate when playing the aforementioned games. There isn't that satisfaction.
As the internet goes, you can't beat a PC. I have a DC (chu chu is much better playing with you mates than online) and never use it to go on the internet. Why? because I have a PC, the whole interface and user friendliness makes the PC tops when it comes to using the internet. So I don't care if the Dolphin is capable of going online, because Nintendo will bring out some games to follow PD, Mario series which will have multiplayer sections. So I can't wait to see what they come up with. Sega have tried this online approach and all credit to them for bringing out cool games such as Chu Chu, but playing Mario Kart64 with your mates is much much better. If anyone disagrees then voice your opinions. Oh by the way isn't it funny to see Sony messing up with the launch of the PS2 (delayed by 1 month). Apparently only 100,000 units will make it to our shores before Christmas. Thank god I won't be buying one. Long live Nintendo and Sega and everyone else except Sony. (Sorry couldn't help myself)
Peace!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.