GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast 2, Want One?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/03 at 18:57
Regular
If SEGA were to launch another state of the art console that whooped the opposition by a little bit, would you buy it? Or is the market sewn up and the financial risk of re-entering the hardware fray going to be too much for them?

I don't think they'll have a market to sell to, to be honest. Everyone loves their software, but we're happy playing it on the current generation of consoles.

I reckon they should stick to what they're doing now and continue to make money.
Mon 28/07/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
kaobotic wrote:
> i'd definately support sega even if the console was sh*te but then
> again sega dont release sh*te consoles :)

Anyone remember the 32X?

That was rubbish.
Sat 26/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Nintendo wouldn't support another console as long as they are making their own.

Where do I pre-order my Dreamcast 2 then?
I'd support SEGA's new beast if they decided to make one.
If they sell out to Microsoft then hopefully they would have input into Xbox Next and make it even better so that the PS3 and GameCube can't touch it by an even bigger margin than what will already be the case.
Sun 01/06/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
I wouldn't buy it.

Unless Nintendo pledged support.

Then, yes.

Otherwise, I doubt it.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:16
Regular
While Sega's development teams are capable of producing some of the most ground-breaking games ever seen, their marketing department is so incompetent that any future hardware release would be doomed from point of conception.

The Saturn was released a week before the Playstation to a public that had been nourished on the Mega Drive. It not only failed, but it failed to a company that had only just entered the console market.

The Dreamcast was released into a market that had an aging 32-bit console, and a crap 64-bit console. At 200 quid, it was the cheapest a console had ever been. Again, it failed.

Sega's marketing department couldn't arrange a p!ss-up in a brewery or a one-night stand in a brothel. Sega would do well never to release hardware again - the confidence has all gone.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:24
Regular
"None Stored"
they were all being naughty, and one of the staff members was saying they were being monkeys, so he changed their status to monkey
Sun 25/05/03 at 15:08
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
lol, I still don't see how the word, 'Monkey' comes into it!
Sat 24/05/03 at 22:09
Regular
"None Stored"
i thought that that was some sort of gang thing
Sat 24/05/03 at 20:29
Regular
It's a new Notable system. 'Monkeys' are halfway between being Regular and Notables.

*stifles a grin*
Sat 24/05/03 at 10:59
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Oh yeah! Sorry about being a bit slow. What is that all about?
Sat 24/05/03 at 00:28
Regular
You've not noticed that a few SR members have become 'Monkey' members?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.