GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm better than you."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
Not quite sure what at, but I'm sure there is something.

Sound arrogant?

I don't think so, but then as I'm the one saying it, I suppose I wouldn't.

Hmmmm.

You see, I'm fed up with hearing people saying stuff like "Oh, I'm no good at that." So what are you good at? Ask I, "Not sure."

SHUT UP!!!

EVERYBODY is good at something. Everyone. Yet we seem to live in a society where people feel they shouldn't stand up and say "Yep, I'm good at that, am I."

Just look at our newspapers for proof. David Beckham would be a classic example. The man is a fantastic footballer, no doubt abnout it. But how many times have the papers reported the bad stuff about him?

It seems we like to build people up, then as soon as they get good at something, we find out all the bad things about them, and talk about those instead.

Want another example?

Audley Harrison. Won the Heavyweight Gold medal at the Sydeny Olympics last year, first time a British bloke has won that since 1970, or some stupidly long time like that. What were the papers full of the next day?

The fact that he'd won? Somewhere. In amoungst the "Audley smoked pot when at college" crap. So what? Most of the country has smoked pot at some point. All of the country has probably done something they wish they hadn't.

What I'm trying to get to, in a roundabout way, is that you should be proud of what you're good at. Don't think things like "Oh, I won't bother revising for this exam, I'll fail anyway" or "I won't ask her out, she won't like me" etc.

Sod all that. Start thinking more positively. Of course you won't pass the exam if you don't revise. She won't go out with you if you don't ask her. You won't get the job unless you put a bit of effort in.

But if you do, if you do put the effort in, well, who knows? She may well say yes, and you could live happily ever after.

Start to think positively. You can do this, you will get that, etc etc. Try to get rid of this negative attitud that seems so prevailenty in our country.

That is all, and I AM better than you, whoever is reading this....

:-)
Sat 03/11/01 at 00:19
Regular
"Wasting away"
Bad Mood day. Those are the reasons for that. When I get going on a post I will type until I am no longer able to think of anymore. The only time I ever stop is when I'm thinking rather then just typing and that is another reason.

There are many things that are 'important' about image and MANY people are very concious about this, but at the end of the day it's their choice and not mine. But I'd rather be the one who doesn't do the right then to be in with the crowd, but the person who stood on their own two feet and moved through them.
Sat 03/11/01 at 00:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I must say I agree with you on most of those points raised, especially the parts about image, and how it has become more important to take the popular opinion than the one that you, as an individual, feel is right. This extends into how people choose to look, and even what they choose to buy, for example, buying a new mobile phone that is 'cooler' than the old one, because it has updated versions of games you hardly ever play on it and has a different case. Wowee. Stuff like this becomes a fashon accessory, people begin to buy it, thinking it will make them 'cooler', then the 'cool' people see that an 'outsider' is trying to be 'cool', and take the mic out of them because they're "wasting so much money on a crappy phone" or something like that, when it is the very same thing the 'cool' people are doing.

I simply can't be bothered to play that pointless game. But I must say I think some of the stuff you say is a bit harsh. You have to have a laugh at school (not at someone elses expense), but you can't get through school being 100% serious all the time. You have to have some fun too.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Wasting away"
The thing on the matter is how we all react to different things and how our personalities have been brought up with us from our parents. It has now been proved that you inherited your parents personality from as early as 6 months old, this can be something described as positive or perhaps negative depending on how they handle the stress.

I find in cases that people just do the thing they feel will make them fit in. It doesn't matter anymore whether you believe what you are saying is right, it's just a matter of what you're saying is 'right', this meaning in the terms of the 'crowd' you call your friends.

Image is everything and it's the most important thing in your life. Without this form of image, nobody takes any notice. You are not important anymore unless you get the attention that is required. Confidence is beating down by the members of public, their insensitive thoughts and narrow minded thinking make things such as stage freight something that is ever more popular.

It is obvious that to be someone, you have to be attractive, strong, the class moron and unintelligent. And I don't mean this in general but take a school for example, the place where you spent at least 11 years of your life. This is the place where people don't seem to be able to understand the consequence of their actions, a place where bullying is tolerated and a place where people can't be who they want to be.

There are those who completely change not only the way they are, but also the way they look to fit in better. There are those who give the wrong impression and those who fail to succeed because of intelligence.

I can't understand how somebody can be criticised for being good at something. You are born with a gift and yet people feel they have the right to 'Take the mick', 'rip it' or whatever else you want to call it because of this. 'Boff', 'Spod', 'Cleverclogs' plus I'm sure there are many more out there that you've heard of that represent someone who may be absolutely wonderful at something, but because of social pressure, they fail at it.

Jealousy is something that will automatically spring to mind on most people, it is the one thing that people will hate you for, it's the one thing they envy you for and it's the one thing they can't have. The human mind is something that is different on each individual human being on this planet, each person has their own different personalities and they react different to different circamstances. Some people try to make the most from their lives, these are the ones who don't misbehave at school and generally get along with anyone. They are also the ones who are probably bullied and as a result of this have little friends as it's just 'uncool' to hang around with them.

Then there are those who decied to mess around at school, the ones who perhaps have the abilities to achieve yet decide against it. They will be the most popular people around, but the people who only see what they want to see and that is not in 20 years time when they're unemployed and looking for work.

It's a sad world and when causing an action you have to stop and think of the consequence as no matter how small it may be it might lead to something or greater action then you ever imagined, and then you must feel the guilt and take the responsibility for that.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Live*
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Totally agree.

Life life to the fullest.

If you dont ask her out, then damn sure she won't go out with you.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:10
i totally agree with you. the english press is all bout the bad things and hardly any good stuff. hell we could beat the germans 10-0 in our next clash with them yet the main story will probably be gary neville makes a mistake and gives away a throw in, no chance of world cup glory for england again. we should be like the americans who if they acheive summit go all out and praise their triumphant player or team. we should focus on the good stuff not the bad.

however play a game of basketball with me and you will find i am better and it's my court your honour lol
Fri 02/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
Not quite sure what at, but I'm sure there is something.

Sound arrogant?

I don't think so, but then as I'm the one saying it, I suppose I wouldn't.

Hmmmm.

You see, I'm fed up with hearing people saying stuff like "Oh, I'm no good at that." So what are you good at? Ask I, "Not sure."

SHUT UP!!!

EVERYBODY is good at something. Everyone. Yet we seem to live in a society where people feel they shouldn't stand up and say "Yep, I'm good at that, am I."

Just look at our newspapers for proof. David Beckham would be a classic example. The man is a fantastic footballer, no doubt abnout it. But how many times have the papers reported the bad stuff about him?

It seems we like to build people up, then as soon as they get good at something, we find out all the bad things about them, and talk about those instead.

Want another example?

Audley Harrison. Won the Heavyweight Gold medal at the Sydeny Olympics last year, first time a British bloke has won that since 1970, or some stupidly long time like that. What were the papers full of the next day?

The fact that he'd won? Somewhere. In amoungst the "Audley smoked pot when at college" crap. So what? Most of the country has smoked pot at some point. All of the country has probably done something they wish they hadn't.

What I'm trying to get to, in a roundabout way, is that you should be proud of what you're good at. Don't think things like "Oh, I won't bother revising for this exam, I'll fail anyway" or "I won't ask her out, she won't like me" etc.

Sod all that. Start thinking more positively. Of course you won't pass the exam if you don't revise. She won't go out with you if you don't ask her. You won't get the job unless you put a bit of effort in.

But if you do, if you do put the effort in, well, who knows? She may well say yes, and you could live happily ever after.

Start to think positively. You can do this, you will get that, etc etc. Try to get rid of this negative attitud that seems so prevailenty in our country.

That is all, and I AM better than you, whoever is reading this....

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.