GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Try and persuade me!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/11/01 at 14:17
Regular
If you know me, you'll know that i'm a BIG Nintendo fan!

But recently i've been hearing things which lead me to think that the Gamecubes not likely to come out in the UK till next summer!

This is leaving me with mixed feelings. Do I wait for the Gamecube and just continue to play on my N64 and Dreamcast, or do I go out and splash out on a PS2 or a GBA!

The main reason for me not getting a PS2 now, is that I don't really know if there enough games good enough to warrent the purchase! My best mates had one since it came out and he said the PS2 FINALLY had a good game when he got GTA3 the other day.

What decent games are there on the PS2 which would make it a worthy purchase???

:)
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:52
Regular
"WWJD"
deffently you couldn't go without one
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Cooky, i have a tip for you. Walk into a SR shop, with £200 cash in your hand, then stand there looking at the PS2 box for five minutes. After the five minutes is up, i can bet you would have already taken the PS2 box to the counter and paid for it!
Sat 03/11/01 at 09:39
"High polygon count"
Cooky wrote:
> Hasn't the PS2 been out for nearly a year now, and the upcomming titles are the only ones
> you can tell me that are fun!

Titles I have already that are 'fun':

GTA3, GT3, Madden NFL 2002, NHL 2001 (2002 is better but I don't have it yet), Onimusha: Warlords, Thunderhawk (hard, but fun), Red Faction, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Extermination, Star Wars: Starfighter, Ridge Racer V, Moto GP, Zone of the Enders, Tekken Tag Tournament, Dead or Alive 2, TimeSplitters.

Some are good games, some are excellent games, and ALL of them are fun.

If there's nothing in there which strikes you as being 'fun', then your idea of 'fun' is extremely limited, even taking into account variations in personal taste!
Sat 03/11/01 at 08:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
sPiKe2k wrote:
> hmm no fun titles?, you obviously havent seen the upcoming titles..*cough

upcomming titles! That comment makes me laugh!
Hasn't the PS2 been out for nearly a year now, and the upcomming titles are the only ones you can tell me that are fun!

I can't have a system like that. I think it must have been a stroke of madness which was pulling me towards the dark side! {the PS2}

Fri 02/11/01 at 23:38
Regular
"Touched!"
hmm no fun titles?, you obviously havent seen the upcoming titles..*cough
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:21
Regular
Well done. Good decision. I recommend the Nintendo forum for you now. They share a similar illness. They`ll understand you :-)
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
So really the only reason I should get a PS2 is to play GTA3 then?

As far as you've all said there's no other REALLY good titles which are worth purchasing!

Even my best mate who has a PS2 and quite a few games said that GTA 3 is the only PS2 title which is actually FUN!

I think i'm gonna wait for the Gamecube, and just get a GBA in the mean time. As most Nintendo games i've ever played have been FUN!

Fri 02/11/01 at 23:11
Regular
If you need to be pursuaded, don`t bother. You`d know if you wanted to buy this machine, as you`d be highly excited about its games, both those already released, and those soon to be released.

You know what`s out there, its your decision. That way, if you don`t like it, its your fault.
Fri 02/11/01 at 21:56
Regular
Longy:0) wrote:
> yeah thats what i want to

and thats why you put them in the first place
Fri 02/11/01 at 21:52
Regular
"WWJD"
yeah thats what i want to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.