GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Over-G Fighters (360)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Over G Fighters'.
Fri 20/04/07 at 15:06
Regular
"8==="
-------------------------------- --------------------------------------
Not mine but not copyrighted either (well the site was but the reviewer hadn't copyrighted their work, how's that work eh?:

"A flight simulator, which in the end simply doesn't quite cut it."
Over G Fighters. I'm a fan of fighter planes. Ever since I was a young child I have loved looking at fighter planes, having childhood fantasies about being a pilot etc. When I saw this game, it generally appealed to me mainly because of this rather personal admiration of fighter planes and pilots. When you first look at the cover of the game, it reminds you of an Ace Combat game, only ported over the Xbox 360. It looked like a good quality fighter simulator to me, which is what initially made me buy it. But did these first expectations contest with the final outlook of the game as a whole? Read on to find out…

Graphics: Now, I don't normally fuss over graphics much. I prefer to appreciate a game's longevity and gameplay, but this game didn't appeal to me that much with its graphics. This was because the Graphics were good. But that was all; they weren't great, they weren't amazing, they were just good. For a new-generation console game, you'd expect the graphics to have more of a mind-blowing effect on you the first time you play it. But this game doesn't do that. They quality is somewhat reminiscent to that of the PS2 or the Xbox. The planes look good and the interior of the planes look fairly detailed, but that's all. Everything else such as the areas you will fly over such as the cities and the oceans don't look that good. Overall, the graphics aren't that bad, but they look like they could have been a lot more improved. 7/10

Sound: The sounds of this game are fairly basic. You've got the engines of the planes, the missiles launching and the machine guns firing away, but it's all too simple. Nothing really impacts you and makes you go ‘WOW' in this game. The voice acting in this game is pretty bad too, mainly because of how rushed and how plain it seems while you're listening to it; the same thing can be said about a lot of things in this game. 6/10

Gameplay: The gameplay is not really that bad, but it is severely limited. While you're flying, it's not a very exciting experience. You're restricted to a reasonable amount of basic manoeuvres that make the game seem rather dry and unexciting. You can't perform flashy moves such as barrel rolls and are limited to moving left and right and adjusting altitude; it all feels very unnatural and not smooth at all. 5/10

Replay Value: Now, if you're a stickler, who will simply not put the game down until its 100% complete, then this game will be a gem for your collection. There is a lot of extra content to unlock on this game such as planes and extra levels etc. However, this is only for the truly determined. If you're a casual, average gamer who is looking for a mild challenge, then I recommend that you rent this game at the very most, since it will really not be for you. 6/10

Overall this game is simply too plain and restricted. It doesn't feel very exciting and there're few things in this game which will make you leap with excitement. This game is average at its best but it's not a completely horrible waste and has its few moments for what they're worth. Either way, only the truly hardened game veterans will be able to truly appreciate this game at its best.

---------------
NOT MY OWN WORK
---------------
Fri 20/04/07 at 19:47
Regular
"8==="
I know. :P
Fri 20/04/07 at 19:42
Regular
Don't worry Hedfix, they didnt give the guy a GAD in the end =)
Fri 20/04/07 at 19:16
Regular
"8==="
Might not be their work either.

Uncopyrighted.
Fri 20/04/07 at 19:12
Regular
""none""
I think it's only fair that you should ask the guy who took his time to write it for permission, as it's only fair. Or credit your source.
Fri 20/04/07 at 16:43
Regular
"8==="
Nope, well maybe a little.

If we can do it with walkthroughs then why not reviews?

Thought it'd be interesting to test the waters.
Fri 20/04/07 at 16:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Do I detect sarcasm?

I copied the title of this reply from a random Google cache.

---------------
NOT MY OWN LAYOUT
---------------
Fri 20/04/07 at 15:06
Regular
"8==="
Not mine but not copyrighted either (well the site was but the reviewer hadn't copyrighted their work, how's that work eh?:

"A flight simulator, which in the end simply doesn't quite cut it."
Over G Fighters. I'm a fan of fighter planes. Ever since I was a young child I have loved looking at fighter planes, having childhood fantasies about being a pilot etc. When I saw this game, it generally appealed to me mainly because of this rather personal admiration of fighter planes and pilots. When you first look at the cover of the game, it reminds you of an Ace Combat game, only ported over the Xbox 360. It looked like a good quality fighter simulator to me, which is what initially made me buy it. But did these first expectations contest with the final outlook of the game as a whole? Read on to find out…

Graphics: Now, I don't normally fuss over graphics much. I prefer to appreciate a game's longevity and gameplay, but this game didn't appeal to me that much with its graphics. This was because the Graphics were good. But that was all; they weren't great, they weren't amazing, they were just good. For a new-generation console game, you'd expect the graphics to have more of a mind-blowing effect on you the first time you play it. But this game doesn't do that. They quality is somewhat reminiscent to that of the PS2 or the Xbox. The planes look good and the interior of the planes look fairly detailed, but that's all. Everything else such as the areas you will fly over such as the cities and the oceans don't look that good. Overall, the graphics aren't that bad, but they look like they could have been a lot more improved. 7/10

Sound: The sounds of this game are fairly basic. You've got the engines of the planes, the missiles launching and the machine guns firing away, but it's all too simple. Nothing really impacts you and makes you go ‘WOW' in this game. The voice acting in this game is pretty bad too, mainly because of how rushed and how plain it seems while you're listening to it; the same thing can be said about a lot of things in this game. 6/10

Gameplay: The gameplay is not really that bad, but it is severely limited. While you're flying, it's not a very exciting experience. You're restricted to a reasonable amount of basic manoeuvres that make the game seem rather dry and unexciting. You can't perform flashy moves such as barrel rolls and are limited to moving left and right and adjusting altitude; it all feels very unnatural and not smooth at all. 5/10

Replay Value: Now, if you're a stickler, who will simply not put the game down until its 100% complete, then this game will be a gem for your collection. There is a lot of extra content to unlock on this game such as planes and extra levels etc. However, this is only for the truly determined. If you're a casual, average gamer who is looking for a mild challenge, then I recommend that you rent this game at the very most, since it will really not be for you. 6/10

Overall this game is simply too plain and restricted. It doesn't feel very exciting and there're few things in this game which will make you leap with excitement. This game is average at its best but it's not a completely horrible waste and has its few moments for what they're worth. Either way, only the truly hardened game veterans will be able to truly appreciate this game at its best.

---------------
NOT MY OWN WORK
---------------

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.