GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's in a name?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/08/00 at 19:18
Regular
OK I don't like this rumour about the new console being called Starcube but honestly now what's in a name?

It's made by the greatest games company of all time, some of it's hardware is twice as powerful as the PSX2 and dreamcast and with games like Mario, Zelda and Perfect dark guaranteed to come out on this console, who cares what the name's going to be!

Oh! Has anyone noticed that a gameaday winner has already been chosen for TODAY (10/8/00) and I am posting this at 7:15pm!

There is still 4 hours and 45 minutes left! I think somethings seriously gone wrong or someone has cheated!
Mon 21/08/00 at 23:22
Star Rider is an ok name for it as it makes the console sound 'out of this world' but Dolphin is the best name as everyone knows it as Dolphin, it means speed, elegance, intelligence and loads more! (That's a quote from someone else whose name I can't remember!
Sun 20/08/00 at 20:39
I think the name Starcube is kinda stupid cos it's probably not gonna be a cube anyway. I think something like Star rider would be better.
Mon 14/08/00 at 17:14
how comes then the winner's contribution is on the same day he/she wins. the 12 august's winner wil have a contribution from the 12th august etc etc!
Mon 14/08/00 at 16:56
Don't get upset ladies and gentlemen, the gameaday moderator looks back over several days of contributions so you won't miss out if you post after 6!
Sat 12/08/00 at 16:29
the name means absolutely nothing to anyone, maybe if they called it a sad name, people would be less intrsted, but that would be the people who know nothing about it, because they wouldn'tt relize how damn good it is gonna be. so for all i car they can call it puffpie 128! it just doesn't matter to me!
Fri 11/08/00 at 23:16
For many people, like me, any console by Nintendo will more or less guarantee great games and classics-to-be. But for PS-loving casual gamer, I very much that they can be won over by the 'uncool' sounding name of Starcube.

Because for Nintendo to become respectable to all, it has to first get the gamer to buy the machine.
Fri 11/08/00 at 07:42
Like you though, I have BT surftime which means I'll be on after 6 anyway!
Fri 11/08/00 at 00:18
They always do that. They're just humans (not game giving machines), and they want to get the prize given out before they leave the office (I get the impression it's about 6), which is fair enough. Would you want to have to hang around till midnight just to read some biggoted competition entries or face the prospect of wading through loads of entries, seperating yesterdays from today's the next day? I wouldn't. It's a shame for me, cos I get frinternet (free internet) after 6 (BT), and have to pay before then, but it doesn't really matter, cos despite what they insist, you can't win it twice (I STILL haven't got my greedy hands on my game yet, though. Maybe i need to win again to ask for the same thing to get one of the copies through!).

Anyway, give the guys a break, and if you're serious about a game, send it before 6 or wait a day.
Thu 10/08/00 at 19:18
OK I don't like this rumour about the new console being called Starcube but honestly now what's in a name?

It's made by the greatest games company of all time, some of it's hardware is twice as powerful as the PSX2 and dreamcast and with games like Mario, Zelda and Perfect dark guaranteed to come out on this console, who cares what the name's going to be!

Oh! Has anyone noticed that a gameaday winner has already been chosen for TODAY (10/8/00) and I am posting this at 7:15pm!

There is still 4 hours and 45 minutes left! I think somethings seriously gone wrong or someone has cheated!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.