GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hyrbid Theory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 18:48
Regular
Linkin Park is a new up and coming band, from the states. They are the latest sensation among rock fans. Such singles as One Step Closer, Crawling, Paper Cut and In The End have received critical acclaim from all walks of life, and so, an album was inevitable. This is Hybrid Theory. The disc features 12 tracks of heavy rock from 5 of the most talented newcomers in the business today. Being voted ìBest Newcomersî at the Kerrang Awards, this certainly reflects that.

The disc opens up with a great single, Paper Cut, which talks about paranoia and being watched by an unknown entity. This is a very scintillating track. Secondly, Linkin Parkís first single, One Step Closer booms in with an explosive appearance on the disc. The song really reflects on anger and is a true test of what Linkin Park can be pushed to. With You comes in at third, which heavily relies on the mixing, as can be noticed on the opening seconds of the track. An excellent guitar track there with mixing put to great use. Crawling bangs on next, a track very similar in subject to Paper Cut. This is one of their lighter songs, with non-heavy guitar melodies, but with the occasionally loud vocals. Itís a stray from the pack, but still a decent song. Next is Runaway, a track focusing on running away from your problems and itís affects. Itís a little controversial, but thatís what musicís for, right? This is swiftly followed by By Myself, a song that focuses on paranoia and trust, quite similar to Crawling and Paper Cut. In The End follows, which is my favourite track on the disc. It features a surprising guitar, mixer, drums and piano combination, which work to good effect. The song speaks of being at the top and falling to the bottom, an absolutely amazing track. Place For My Head features some decent guitar riffs at the beginning, mixed with a mixer, which is put to excellent effect. Some sharp guitar playing makes this an excellent song. Forgotten features some excellent vocals, using both of the singers well. Some strange guitar playing adds to the track, followed by mixing and great drums. Cure For The Itch has a strange opening, with some very bizarre mixing. I donít particularly like this track, due to no guitars or drums being used. Closing the disc, pushing me away plays, with very heavy guitars, accompanied by soft vocals, making a rather decent combination.

Aside from the actual music, the inner booklet is also very interesting, boasting lyrics of each song. It also lists the instruments used to the album, which is very helpful for music enthusiasts. The entire presentation of this CD is great, with a great booklet and a decent front and back cover. Hybrid Theory is well worth the £12 that itís available for and if you are a fan of heavy rock, you should buy it now. If you want to see a true testament to heavy rock, get Hybrid Theory.

Thanks.
Gaming Guy.
Fri 02/11/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I just want to say in the least offensive way possible that in my humble opinion Linkin Park are just a boy band who want to be 'cool rebels'. Most people would make this accusation of a pop-punk band like Greenday, but Greenday have a style of their own developed over a long period. Linkin Park are just hopping on the Nu-Metal bandwagon.

Well, that's what I think anyways. Even if I didn't think they were just jumping on the bandwagon, I still wouldn't like their music tho. The Nu-Metal thing just doesn't work for me, except for the (very) occasional song.
Fri 02/11/01 at 08:29
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
If you want a true testament to Heavy Rock, then listen to a band who does it properly, like for instance - Clutch.
Fri 02/11/01 at 07:52
Regular
Nu-metal monkey.
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yep. The only bad thing is, the album only runs for about 37 minutes. A bit short in my opinion. It's still worth it mind.

In the End is the best track.
Thu 01/11/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Linkin Park is a new up and coming band, from the states. They are the latest sensation among rock fans. Such singles as One Step Closer, Crawling, Paper Cut and In The End have received critical acclaim from all walks of life, and so, an album was inevitable. This is Hybrid Theory. The disc features 12 tracks of heavy rock from 5 of the most talented newcomers in the business today. Being voted ìBest Newcomersî at the Kerrang Awards, this certainly reflects that.

The disc opens up with a great single, Paper Cut, which talks about paranoia and being watched by an unknown entity. This is a very scintillating track. Secondly, Linkin Parkís first single, One Step Closer booms in with an explosive appearance on the disc. The song really reflects on anger and is a true test of what Linkin Park can be pushed to. With You comes in at third, which heavily relies on the mixing, as can be noticed on the opening seconds of the track. An excellent guitar track there with mixing put to great use. Crawling bangs on next, a track very similar in subject to Paper Cut. This is one of their lighter songs, with non-heavy guitar melodies, but with the occasionally loud vocals. Itís a stray from the pack, but still a decent song. Next is Runaway, a track focusing on running away from your problems and itís affects. Itís a little controversial, but thatís what musicís for, right? This is swiftly followed by By Myself, a song that focuses on paranoia and trust, quite similar to Crawling and Paper Cut. In The End follows, which is my favourite track on the disc. It features a surprising guitar, mixer, drums and piano combination, which work to good effect. The song speaks of being at the top and falling to the bottom, an absolutely amazing track. Place For My Head features some decent guitar riffs at the beginning, mixed with a mixer, which is put to excellent effect. Some sharp guitar playing makes this an excellent song. Forgotten features some excellent vocals, using both of the singers well. Some strange guitar playing adds to the track, followed by mixing and great drums. Cure For The Itch has a strange opening, with some very bizarre mixing. I donít particularly like this track, due to no guitars or drums being used. Closing the disc, pushing me away plays, with very heavy guitars, accompanied by soft vocals, making a rather decent combination.

Aside from the actual music, the inner booklet is also very interesting, boasting lyrics of each song. It also lists the instruments used to the album, which is very helpful for music enthusiasts. The entire presentation of this CD is great, with a great booklet and a decent front and back cover. Hybrid Theory is well worth the £12 that itís available for and if you are a fan of heavy rock, you should buy it now. If you want to see a true testament to heavy rock, get Hybrid Theory.

Thanks.
Gaming Guy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.