GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't wait till dolphin"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/04/00 at 19:59
Regular
Dolphin looks really good. I have seen lots of reviews like the ones in Ukdolphin. So I'm saving up.I will most likely buy it from here.
Mon 22/05/00 at 19:35
To damn right! Quite frankly I could'nt agree with you more old pal. I think Nintendo will be hard pressed to catch up with Dreamcast and, dare I say it, Playstation 2. Shame on Nintendo the lame asses!!!
ps. I know you.
Wed 17/05/00 at 20:34
Your facts arte that metal gear rules???
?????
What are you talking about???
Metal Gear rules only the first 3 days you are playing it.
After that you ate done whit the game.
And there are no multiplayer option or somthing like that only the training mode (that is very boring).
Perfect dark will include 44 wepons and multiplayer option.
and in multiplayer there can be 12 players in total if you include the computer..
In metal gear thera are never more then 3-4 enemies whit you.
There aren't many wepons.
and you can play co-operativ mode were you and a friend (or maybe 5 computer controled) in one player mode.
Did any one say that metal gear rules???
Well then big's flyes!!!
Wed 19/04/00 at 23:32
Mad Angus wrote:
Ok so you think that the dolphin will flop here is my reasons why
it will not.
1:Ps2 is doing bad is Japan with more that half a million brought
back because of ridge racer 5 thing.
2:Nintendo have teamed up with major names in electronics just
look it up.
3:Rare have said that there MIGHT be a sequal to Perfect dark
(velvet dark)
4:Dream cast ha ha ha ha What is that about really bad games
machine.
5:whats the point with the backwards compatiblty in the Ps2 if you
already have a Psx then why spend £250 on another on to play the
same games????
6:Nintendo put there heads together for this one they are
advertising more (dolphin bags at the games arena in Japan)and
they are getting more third party support.
In conclusion only time will tell but thet is my thoughts.

These are very good points, all of which are true. People who know nothing about the dolphin and still sl@g it off should take note.

I've also notices that some sony loyalists say that 'the ps2 will rock because it can play DVD movies'. So what? What is the point of buying a games console only to play DVD films?

Also, what about that superb new graphics technique that only the dolphin and the most recent PC graphics cards will use: on-hardware Transformation and Lighting? Here are some quotes from a past IGN64 report:
"Quite simply, T&L is the best feature that you can add to a graphics accelerator. Developers are setting new standards for physics and procedural animation, for this you need CPU bandwidth and a lot of polys. Offloading geometry to the accelerator allows you to draw smoother, more detailed meshes in addition to leaving more CPU bandwidth to spend on physics and game play."
"With hardware T&L we are able to make applications that are up to eight times more complex."

Read it and weep, ps2 lovers!!!

Mr. Enforcer
Mon 17/04/00 at 13:06
You are wrong Angus. The Dolphin will flop. The PS2 has backward compatability because it'll be able to play the PSX games with better graphics! Also, WHO CARES ABOUT A SEQUEL TO PERFECT DARK WHEN METAL GEAR RULES! AND THE PS2 IS DOING GREAT IN JAPAN THEY'VE SOLD MORE COPIES THAN YOU CAN COUNT!! And Nintendo putting their heads together on this one won't make any difference, because the PS2 is going to have more advertising!! The Dolphin will flop, stop being loyal to Nintendo and face facts.
Mad Angus wrote:
Ok so you think that the dolphin will flop here is my reasons why
it will not.
1:Ps2 is doing bad is Japan with more that half a million brought
back because of ridge racer 5 thing.
2:Nintendo have teamed up with major names in electronics just
look it up.
3:Rare have said that there MIGHT be a sequal to Perfect dark
(velvet dark)
4:Dream cast ha ha ha ha What is that about really bad games
machine.
5:whats the point with the backwards compatiblty in the Ps2 if you
already have a Psx then why spend £250 on another on to play the
same games????
6:Nintendo put there heads together for this one they are
advertising more (dolphin bags at the games arena in Japan)and
they are getting more third party support.
Wed 05/04/00 at 19:58
Ok so you think that the dolphin will flop here is my reasons why it will not.
1:Ps2 is doing bad is Japan with more that half a million brought back because of ridge racer 5 thing.
2:Nintendo have teamed up with major names in electronics just look it up.
3:Rare have said that there MIGHT be a sequal to Perfect dark (velvet dark)
4:Dream cast ha ha ha ha What is that about really bad games machine.
5:whats the point with the backwards compatiblty in the Ps2 if you already have a Psx then why spend £250 on another on to play the same games????
6:Nintendo put there heads together for this one they are advertising more (dolphin bags at the games arena in Japan)and they are getting more third party support.
Wed 05/04/00 at 19:23
Even though I have an N64 and are loyal to the big N, I think that the dolphin will be a flop. With Dreamcast already selling millions of copies, and the playstation 2 right on their heels, people will be saving for these. The Dolphin has been delayed, and I think that most gamers will have made a descision on either the psx2 or the dreamcast. Nintendo have left the dolphin too late, and even though it may be better than any available console, people will have lost interest. On the subject of Nintendo making mistakes, I think that as they have done with the N64, will rely on their own game producers and Rare - part owned ny The big N)
they need to get out creation software to as many decent 3rd party game developers or the Dolphin will be a major scar in Nintendos reputation.
Tue 04/04/00 at 19:59
Dolphin looks really good. I have seen lots of reviews like the ones in Ukdolphin. So I'm saving up.I will most likely buy it from here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.