GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"playstation 2 .VS.nintendo dolphin"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/05/00 at 23:03
Regular
I think the playstation 2 will absolutely destroy the nintendo dolphin. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a jackass.
Wed 17/05/00 at 23:03
I think the playstation 2 will absolutely destroy the nintendo dolphin. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a jackass.
Sat 20/05/00 at 10:51
speedy wrote:
> I think the playstation 2 will absolutely destroy the nintendo
> dolphin. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a jackass.

Eeeeeeeaaaaaaw!
Thu 25/05/00 at 15:50
speedy your the biggest dork on this side of the internet.
Tue 04/07/00 at 18:59
Chuckler wrote:
> speedy wrote:
> > I think the playstation 2 will absolutely destroy the nintendo
> > dolphin. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a jackass.
>
> Eeeeeeeaaaaaaw!

Really? I think not, and for good reason. First, what do you mean by "destroy"? On what terms?

POWER? - No, go compare the specs.

GAMES? - No, look at all the great games Nintendo has put out.

3rd PARTY SUPPORT? - No, Nintendo has gotten more 3rd parties on their side this time around, say nothing about the massive number of 1st and 2nd party supporters.

Innovation? - No, not even a discussion!!! Nintendo is the originator and others take their ideas. I do not believe I really need to go into this, do I?

ADULT ORIENTED GAMES? - No, Nintendo is expanding. Look at Conkers
Bad Fur Day, Eternal Darkness, any Turok game, Perfect Dark, etc.

SOUND? - No, Nintendo's new machine will have stellar sound capabilites, thanks to Factor 5.

FLEXIBILITY? - No, Nintendo should have any game related capabilities that PS2 have (DVD movie players are not game related. Nintendo is a GAME COMPANY), and more.

EXPANDABILITY? - No, Dolphin and Game Boy Advance linked opens up possibilities that are astounding.

MASS APPEAL? - Yes, the PS2 definitely has more mass appeal (at present)than Dolphin, or any other console. This is due to many things.

The PS2 is and will be a fun, awesome machine. I will probably not get one for one reason alone: to many people seem to be just Playstation Fanboys and FanGirls who refuse to acknowledge the existence of any sort of gaming experience that is not Sony. Sony, in their great ability at marketing (as well as putting out a great machine), was able to tap into the general public, something that Nintendo or Sega had been able to do, or wanted to do, up to that point. I feel that Sony should be thanked for bringing console gaming to the masses, but we should also boo Sony for it as well. With mass appeal comes rule by the masses, also known as "gang mentality". If the mainstream wants anything, it wants mainstream items, ideas, products. The masses want to be cool, socially accepted, etc., so they tend to stick to whatever is hip at the moment and denounce what is not, what is innovative. Sony, and its marketing machine (and a good one at that), made the Playstation1&2 hip, and that is what will be popular. With this adherence to mass appeal also comes the law of averages:everything starts to look like everything else. Sony, I feel, is starting to lose its edge because it is starting to rehash the same old thing. PS2, in basic form, is not much more than a Playstation1 with more power and better graphics. Yes, there will be many add-ons, but the other consoles will have these abilities as well. The question is, will Sony give us something new, something that will push us to new heights of entertainment, or will Sony end up trying to feed us the same games in new packages (so far the Japanese games out for the PS2 seem to be doing just this)? If this is mainly what Sony is going to do, Sony's little PS2 will start to fail, because all of a sudden it will have THREE strong competitors more than happy to innovate and give the masses something new to play, games and machines that just beg to be played. Sony may be in bad shape come this time next year, and if the Japanese don't start buying games for the PS2 instead of mainly movies (which make Sony no money), Sony will be in deep financial B.S. since the PS2s are being sold at a loss to begin with. I hope, for Sony's sake, that the PS2 has some innovation instilled into it, or it will end up being 3rd or 4th in the race, which would be a shame because it is a good machine. It is all about software, not hardware (you Playstation owners should know that, if anyone). Video games are for enjoyment, and if a gamer only allows him/herself to play certain games on a certain machine, without experiencing what other games and machines have to offer, than that gamer is missing out on a massive amount of enjoyment. Please, let us stop all this angry diologue between consoles and get down to playing games. That is where it is at. That is why I buy Nintendo and Sega, they know games.

P.S. Also, I do not care to be called a "jackass" speedy, try some respect. It is offhand remarks like this that make everyone so damn irritable at each other. Let us be considerate and stop making statements for shock value. Let us play our games, live our lives, and be friendly. Please.

Bodge
Fri 28/07/00 at 01:18
What do you think you are talking about so far the prodpects for the Dolphin are amazing, it is going to be faster than the PS2 and hold more polygons per second, so look into the 2 consoles before you judge one or the other

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.