GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Save our pockets!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/05/00 at 19:30
Regular
Dear fellow console users,
I am writing a plea to game console developers to save our pockets! For too long there has been an endless battle between big name developers and for what? So that the ordinary folk have fork over tons of hard earned dosh to buy outragesly overpriced games and consoles. And it is all because they have a big name. For example if you took a Nintendo64 and re-named it 'Farmer Jiles' then there is no way you would be able to sell it for the amount of money that the N64 is sold for. Oh yeah, while I'm on a roll I would like to complain about the rate that new consoles are produced. It seems like only yesterday that my N64 was the coolest thing around and everybody wanted to come to my place and play on it. Now the Playstation 2 and Dolphin are coming and it seems that the N64 popularity is plummeting. I hope that in the future we will see a slower rate of new releases and they will be easier on the pocket. p.s. psx suck!!!
Tue 23/05/00 at 20:10
Fogmaster wrote:
> I don't think any one but farmer jiles would buy a console with a
> crap name like that! you pay for what you get. If you don't want
> to pay for it don't get it, it's a competetive market it would not
> be good enough if the only console on the market was a nes! wicked
> mate, lets go play excite bike! can I play?, no it's one player!
> god damn that would be crap! the future lies in expansion
SHUT IT
Mon 22/05/00 at 19:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't think any one but farmer jiles would buy a console with a crap name like that! you pay for what you get. If you don't want to pay for it don't get it, it's a competetive market it would not be good enough if the only console on the market was a nes! wicked mate, lets go play excite bike! can I play?, no it's one player!
god damn that would be crap! the future lies in expansion!
Mon 22/05/00 at 19:30
Dear fellow console users,
I am writing a plea to game console developers to save our pockets! For too long there has been an endless battle between big name developers and for what? So that the ordinary folk have fork over tons of hard earned dosh to buy outragesly overpriced games and consoles. And it is all because they have a big name. For example if you took a Nintendo64 and re-named it 'Farmer Jiles' then there is no way you would be able to sell it for the amount of money that the N64 is sold for. Oh yeah, while I'm on a roll I would like to complain about the rate that new consoles are produced. It seems like only yesterday that my N64 was the coolest thing around and everybody wanted to come to my place and play on it. Now the Playstation 2 and Dolphin are coming and it seems that the N64 popularity is plummeting. I hope that in the future we will see a slower rate of new releases and they will be easier on the pocket. p.s. psx suck!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.