GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Think I Have Lost My Faith....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 19:11
Regular
There comes a time in every man's life when he doubt's his faith and I am at that time. No I'm not talking about religion, I lost my faith in that years ago. I'm talking about consoles. I think I may have lost my faith in Nintendo and I think I am close to giving in to Sony after 5 long years.

I am of course talking about which console to buy. Now this is not another console wars topic. It's just that I can't decide whether to get a GameCube or a PS2. Up until a few days ago I had my mind firmly set on the GC. Now however, I'm not so sure. There was a time just before the PS2's release when I was planning on getting one (it was the MGS2 video that really persuaded me) but my brother talked me into to getting a Dreamcast instead. "It's half the price" he'd say "with 6 games!!!" In the end, I crumbled and split him on the DC and I have truly regretted it.

So, I really don't want to make the same mistake again. Now after looking at a few more videos and games being released for the PS2, I'm back to deciding what to get again. Yes, it's another MGS2 video that really got me thinkng. But then there's GT3 and GTA3, both PS2 exclusives. However, on the other side, I have Rogue Leader, Mario, Perfect Dark, and basically Nintendo and Rare games on the whole. AARRGGHH this is so difficult.

I suppose what I could do is get a PS2 at Christmas and then wait until my Birthday (end of June) to get a GC or even wait till Christmas. And I suppose then, I may even decide that I don't want a GC because I've fallen in love with my PS2.

I don't even know why I'm asking because I'm sure I'll get a lot of "Sony Rules" and "Nintendo reign supreme" (in fact that's a good one, I'll have to remeber that :-D). The fact is though, I want you to help me to decide just by writing ideas or by telling me what console you think I should get. In fact, what would be even better is if someone who was a Ninty and bought a PS2 could tell me what they think of their PS2.

You know this probably isn't going to affect me at all but I must try. What make's it harder though, is that my brother is going off to University next year so I can't split the console with him.

You know, I may just have to go round my 'friends' house (who I actually hate) and play GTA3 and GT3. Goddamm this is so difficult.

The new Zelda probably has a big part in this as well subconsciencly.
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
GC will get a spring or Summer at latest release in UK.

I'd put money on it. (but I'm skint :D)
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yes but doubt is clouding my mind.

I was thinking back on how many games there were for the DC that made me buy it. I really don't want to make the same mistake.

I must find out when GC is being released. If it is September or there abouts, then I'm definitely getting a PS2.
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:33
Regular
You're never right Ant.
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Nope, still Spring Ant.

Nah, I don't think so. I was right when I said the GC wouldn't be out this year, and I'll be right about this too.

Also, MGS2 is released sometime in February.
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:02
Regular
Nope, still Spring Ant.
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:02
"High polygon count"
MGS2 is due before Xmas in the US, a few weeks later in Japan, and early next year (January/February) in the UK.
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
Vottanator, in case you don't know, the GameCube will most likely not be released in the spring now, more likely in the autumn. This is because Nintendo apparently don't really care about the European market.

PS2 it is then. :D
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Riiiiiiiight....

....So, does anyone know when MGS2 is coming out? :-D
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The eventual release of MGS2 is a perpetual myth propagated by Sony to hype up their machine.
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, I think I am going to get a PS2 at Christmas with GT3, GTA3 and MGS2.

When is MGS2 out by the way?

I'm probably gonna get a GameCube next Christmas although by that time I may well miss some quality games like Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race.

In fact I just thought about Wave Race again there and it's put doubt in my mind again. I don't believe this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.