GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Midnight Club 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Midnight Club 2'.
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:54
Regular
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to get this on XBox and play it on XBox Live. :-)

Because the original on PS2 was pretty cack, I didn't really put much thought into buying this game, but the more I read about it, the more I couldn't help being interested.

Now that I've read some very positive reviews on the game I can't wait to play it - especially on Live. :-)
I like the sound of the free racing aspect of it. So even though another player might have a more powerful car, you might come up with a better route to reach the finish destination.
Combined with my other Live games, I'll have a pretty nice little variety when I pick this up. ;-)

If some of you do pick this game up, we can even continue this thread for opinions of it and our XBox Live experiences in the game. :-)
Mon 16/06/03 at 20:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I'll have the game on Friday so I'll tell you my opinion of it once I've played it. ;-)
Fri 13/06/03 at 16:02
Regular
"8==="
IGN liked it. However I have PGR, Quantum Redshift and NFS. Unless you can destroy each other or run away from the cops then I'm maxxed out for racers.
Fri 13/06/03 at 15:31
Regular
"8==="
I'd rather have GTA3 on xbox.
Sun 01/06/03 at 17:18
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I think the XBox Live play is what really adds the class to this game.
> Afterall, take that away and although there are plenty of cars to try
> out and the street racing idea is really good, it won't really last
> long as a single player experience and of course not everyone can get
> a few friends over to play all the time.
>
> Plus with XBox Live, you get upto 8 players to a race and you can face
> a shedload of different players who race differently and take their
> own routes and have their own favourite cars/bikes.
> So overall, the online play combined with the editor area to place
> your own check points for online races just doubles the score of this
> game.

I hope they do what they should and allow car custimixation for xbox live, as this is something I personally think sucks about the ps2 version I own (yeah I know but I couldn't wait) Should be superb on xbox live anyway, better have a motogp 2 style idiot removal system though
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think the XBox Live play is what really adds the class to this game. Afterall, take that away and although there are plenty of cars to try out and the street racing idea is really good, it won't really last long as a single player experience and of course not everyone can get a few friends over to play all the time.

Plus with XBox Live, you get upto 8 players to a race and you can face a shedload of different players who race differently and take their own routes and have their own favourite cars/bikes.
So overall, the online play combined with the editor area to place your own check points for online races just doubles the score of this game.
Sun 01/06/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think that I will probably get this. I was thinking of getting it for the PS2 but it was only getting 6 or 7 out of 10, so I thought it would be better to spend money on decent games. But with the added feature of online racing then this could be a very good game. I havent used XBox Live for ages. So I wouldnt mind getting this and maybe Moto GP2 to get some good online racing action.
Sun 01/06/03 at 01:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
For the XBox version ? The key thing is that the XBox version is apparently better than the PS2 version, with it being no lazy port.
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I read a bad review.

Or poor at best.
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to get this on XBox and play it on XBox Live. :-)

Because the original on PS2 was pretty cack, I didn't really put much thought into buying this game, but the more I read about it, the more I couldn't help being interested.

Now that I've read some very positive reviews on the game I can't wait to play it - especially on Live. :-)
I like the sound of the free racing aspect of it. So even though another player might have a more powerful car, you might come up with a better route to reach the finish destination.
Combined with my other Live games, I'll have a pretty nice little variety when I pick this up. ;-)

If some of you do pick this game up, we can even continue this thread for opinions of it and our XBox Live experiences in the game. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.