GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak & Daxter"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jak & Daxter'.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
Thanks guys! Gonna get it, saw it today for 15 euro so I'm getting it after my exams.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks guys! Gonna get it, saw it today for 15 euro so I'm getting it after my exams.
Thu 12/06/03 at 01:43
Regular
"Same as above^"
Lugwig wrote:
> Ratchet and Clank is a hell of a lot better, or alternitavely, you
> could buy a GameCube with Mario Sunshine, that pi$$e$ all over it.

How can you say that, Jak and daxter is by far the best platformer around. I vote you go buy it ready for Jak2 when it comes.
Thu 12/06/03 at 05:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've got J&D and R&C and I like them both pretty much equally. I think overall I prefer Jak and Daxter as it's much more simple and there isn't so much inch perfect jumping or swinging as there is in Ratchet and Clank which is more of an old skool platformer (but with more gadgets).

If you want a REAL platformer get Maximo which is unforgiving on player errors, or even Sly Raccoon which can be pretty tough at times. All are very good games and worth getting despite sequels being imminent.

My nephew likes Super Mario Sunshine, he just turned 9 years old yesterday and I sometimes help him out with the tougher sections on it. I personally don't like it but then I'm 36 years old and hate anything with Mario in it. (Because he's an Italian plumber, which just doesn't 'click' with me, give me a blue superhero hedgehog anyday).
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
FantasyMeister wrote:
I personally don't like it but then I'm 36 years old and hate
> anything with Mario in it. (Because he's an Italian plumber, which
> just doesn't 'click' with me, give me a blue superhero hedgehog
> anyday).

Give me Sonic over Mario any day! I had to be pulled away from Sonic games when I was younger to eat, sleep and go to school. I had a huge Sonic poster on my wall that I got with one of the games. I'll never not enjoy smashing Dr. Robotnik to pieces!
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:05
Regular
Hmph.

If it wasn't for Mario, platform games would be awful.
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Maverick42 wrote:
> Hmph.
>
> If it wasn't for Mario, platform games would be awful.

I don't agree. I never warmed to Mario. Sonic was much better in my opinion.

Although Yoshi was kinda cute...
Sat 14/06/03 at 01:16
Regular
Sonic wasn't really a platformer - just a fast paced game. Almost like a racer.

Seriously - if you just look at the facts, the genre would be awful without Mario games, there's no two ways about it.
Sat 14/06/03 at 01:20
Regular
Correction Maverick.

If it wasn't for Mario and Donkey Kong, the platform genre wouldn't exist.
Sat 14/06/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I never owned a Nintendo system of any sort and found plenty of amusement in the platform genre. It is possible to get along just fine without Mario and Co.
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Correction Maverick.
>
> If it wasn't for Mario and Donkey Kong, the platform genre wouldn't
> exist.

That is total b*llocks! What about Manic Miner? Chuckie Egg?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.