GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm gonna upgrade!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/06/03 at 19:37
Regular
Get a Radeon as it handles AA and AF better best motherboard for amd is nforce 2 ones.
Fri 06/06/03 at 21:34
"Gracia senoir"
Memorandum is a ******, dah dah dah, Memorandum is a ****** dah dah dah
Fri 06/06/03 at 21:09
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"Memorandum"
Is spelt like that, and is a form of internal communication within a business.
Fri 06/06/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Memorandom"

...sounds like a new brand of condom or something....
Fri 06/06/03 at 20:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That's actually really useful.
I won't be buying anything in the near future, but I'm sure I'll use that list at some point.
Thanking you, Mr. Sniper.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
As others have said save your money and not get the GeForce FX 256mb model. There alot of money and not all 256mb models are the top of the range. A GeForce FX5600 256mb is around £160 but as its one of the mid spec cards the performance wont be as good as say the GeForce FX5900 Ultra 256mb which is nearly £500. The ATI cards do still hold there own against the new GeForce cards and don't lose much performance once you add AA and AF.

I personally would get a Radeon 9700 Pro as it has very high performance and is getting cheaper to buy with the new Radeon 9800 Pro.

Having looked at testing between graphics cards and systems I think the Radeon 9700 Pro will be a nice card for your machine, as your machine specs arent top spec. Actually the Radeon 9700 Pro will probably be limited to what it can do by your actual CPU.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Sniper is right. Not that I would dare argue. The GeForce FX is good, but the ATI cards are much better value for money. Plus the 9800 Pro is the best card available. AGP 8x does make a difference, but few motherboards have it. AMD are cheaper and the performance is better for some things, but watch the heat. They run hot, one instance I heard of at 75 celsius. So make sure whatever you get has a nice big fan. Or 4.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:03
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Memorandum wrote:

> You do realise that in most benchmark tests done, the results found
> generally pointed to AGP8x making little to no difference...

sorry, i mis-read this earlier, all i meant was that although AGP8x makes little difference, AGP4x isn't always compatible with some functions on high end cards, like the gForceFX.
Tue 03/06/03 at 19:37
Regular
Get a Radeon as it handles AA and AF better best motherboard for amd is nforce 2 ones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.