GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Portal Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Portal'.
Thu 27/05/10 at 18:00
Regular
Let me give you a little background to how this portal love for me started. Firstly i logged into martins money savers to find a free game that is normally £17. I had to have it. i followed the link and found out it was portal, a game that i had played at my friends house and and loved. I downloaded and after a long time waiting, due to my slow pc :/, i was on and that was where it all began......

Dont want to give anything away here so basically the story is you are in a test centre and you have to complete a number of task to reach the end, see good description, no spoilers and no doubt most of you will have already played this game but there are some out there who havent and i dont want to ruin the 'cake' for them.

So yeah you complete a number of tasks, at first staring out with no portal guns, but once obtained that is where the fun begins :) and when able to use both portals everyone is a winner :) i was zooming through walls and levels jumping about here there and everywhere. The game consists of 19 fun levels that im sure would grab anyone's attention. However not every game is perfect and this one starts off amazing but loses it a bit towards the end which was why i had a portal in the roof and one in the floor and watched the whole world go bye. But joking aside the levels become slightly boring and annoying in the middle, especially with cubes.

On the other hand this is made up with some hilarious comments thrown at you by the robot woman thingy( not sure of the proper name) and i have to say that brought it back for me.

For most people these days £17 isn't an issue however i would not advise the everyday gamer to buy this for that amount, if it is still free then go ahead and have a whale of a time but if not then it is obviously entirely your choice but i would advise for you to find a deal for the 'orange box' which includes portal and many other games from the makers of half life( fantastic games). If you are set on buying it for £17 then watch some videos on it first to get a taste and again have a whale of a time. out of ten i would rate this game 7/10 although it has down floors the amount of fun recieved and comedy is orth a few hours of non stop portalling....

.... and remember 'the cake is a lie'....

ps moderators if i coulkd win a prize with this i would be over the moon as i have not won one yet thanks and hope you enjoyed reading, also if you want you can remove this comment. :)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 27/05/10 at 18:00
Regular
Let me give you a little background to how this portal love for me started. Firstly i logged into martins money savers to find a free game that is normally £17. I had to have it. i followed the link and found out it was portal, a game that i had played at my friends house and and loved. I downloaded and after a long time waiting, due to my slow pc :/, i was on and that was where it all began......

Dont want to give anything away here so basically the story is you are in a test centre and you have to complete a number of task to reach the end, see good description, no spoilers and no doubt most of you will have already played this game but there are some out there who havent and i dont want to ruin the 'cake' for them.

So yeah you complete a number of tasks, at first staring out with no portal guns, but once obtained that is where the fun begins :) and when able to use both portals everyone is a winner :) i was zooming through walls and levels jumping about here there and everywhere. The game consists of 19 fun levels that im sure would grab anyone's attention. However not every game is perfect and this one starts off amazing but loses it a bit towards the end which was why i had a portal in the roof and one in the floor and watched the whole world go bye. But joking aside the levels become slightly boring and annoying in the middle, especially with cubes.

On the other hand this is made up with some hilarious comments thrown at you by the robot woman thingy( not sure of the proper name) and i have to say that brought it back for me.

For most people these days £17 isn't an issue however i would not advise the everyday gamer to buy this for that amount, if it is still free then go ahead and have a whale of a time but if not then it is obviously entirely your choice but i would advise for you to find a deal for the 'orange box' which includes portal and many other games from the makers of half life( fantastic games). If you are set on buying it for £17 then watch some videos on it first to get a taste and again have a whale of a time. out of ten i would rate this game 7/10 although it has down floors the amount of fun recieved and comedy is orth a few hours of non stop portalling....

.... and remember 'the cake is a lie'....

ps moderators if i coulkd win a prize with this i would be over the moon as i have not won one yet thanks and hope you enjoyed reading, also if you want you can remove this comment. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.