GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Fifa 10 + Manager - Review by Starmatske"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 10'.
Wed 26/05/10 at 17:14
Regular
"Peace, love and R&a"
FIFA 10 + MANAGER REVIEW by Starmatske

Due to a request made, I decided to go and put up a review for this game! I played Fifa 10 on the computer, do bear in mind I have been with the series since '09, so I'm not that experienced. Nevertheless, that doesn't take away I had a reasonably good time with the game.
I played both the regular and manager versions and both were quite similar in terms of gaming experience for me.

Now, first things first, what is the difference between the '10 version and the '09 version? Well your first impression will be 'you tell me'. Indeed, that is the feeling I had as well. For both versions graphics are better, motion is better, textures, sound; basically the technical aspects you would expect to improve compared to a year ago. In terms of game-play, you're still shooting one ball from one side to the other. A number of small changes have been made to make the game a little more fluent, for example the goalkeeper comes out of his goal without you telling him to do so, 'lil difference from '09.

But is the grass greener this year? Well, it's hard to say. Yes the games have improved, as for the manager version you do have some options that you didn't have in '09, but if your club is going down the drain you won't be paying attention to any of them. So in terms of the core game, no it hasn't improved, but that isn't the goal is it? If you are growing tired of your worn-out '09 version, chances are you will be tired of '10 before you even bought it. Of course every game you play is different, but in the end they are the same. We can't expect the guys from call of duty bombing the field, neither can we expect to get the ref in our favour!

There is not a lot to say about the game-play, as mentioned before, that stayed the same. (Imagine fifa packing out with basketball). But I had a good time with it for as long as it lasted. I say this because I find the game to get repetitive quite fast, especially if you played earlier versions. But, there are minor differences from earlier versions that will make your time a lot easier. I do think they payed attention to the community in a way. But on the other hand (and this kind of applies to all games) the endless pursuit of realism is getting on my nerves from time to time. I sometimes think they forgot to dose the fun factor instead of the realism. That's just a small thing, but it is noticeable, but nothing too serious.

But is it worth it? Yes, it is a good game, I cannot deny that. If you enjoy these types of games, by all means you should go for it and you will enjoy it. But just my 2 cents, I'd wait 'till the price drops, and just use your '09 for now.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 26/05/10 at 17:14
Regular
"Peace, love and R&a"
FIFA 10 + MANAGER REVIEW by Starmatske

Due to a request made, I decided to go and put up a review for this game! I played Fifa 10 on the computer, do bear in mind I have been with the series since '09, so I'm not that experienced. Nevertheless, that doesn't take away I had a reasonably good time with the game.
I played both the regular and manager versions and both were quite similar in terms of gaming experience for me.

Now, first things first, what is the difference between the '10 version and the '09 version? Well your first impression will be 'you tell me'. Indeed, that is the feeling I had as well. For both versions graphics are better, motion is better, textures, sound; basically the technical aspects you would expect to improve compared to a year ago. In terms of game-play, you're still shooting one ball from one side to the other. A number of small changes have been made to make the game a little more fluent, for example the goalkeeper comes out of his goal without you telling him to do so, 'lil difference from '09.

But is the grass greener this year? Well, it's hard to say. Yes the games have improved, as for the manager version you do have some options that you didn't have in '09, but if your club is going down the drain you won't be paying attention to any of them. So in terms of the core game, no it hasn't improved, but that isn't the goal is it? If you are growing tired of your worn-out '09 version, chances are you will be tired of '10 before you even bought it. Of course every game you play is different, but in the end they are the same. We can't expect the guys from call of duty bombing the field, neither can we expect to get the ref in our favour!

There is not a lot to say about the game-play, as mentioned before, that stayed the same. (Imagine fifa packing out with basketball). But I had a good time with it for as long as it lasted. I say this because I find the game to get repetitive quite fast, especially if you played earlier versions. But, there are minor differences from earlier versions that will make your time a lot easier. I do think they payed attention to the community in a way. But on the other hand (and this kind of applies to all games) the endless pursuit of realism is getting on my nerves from time to time. I sometimes think they forgot to dose the fun factor instead of the realism. That's just a small thing, but it is noticeable, but nothing too serious.

But is it worth it? Yes, it is a good game, I cannot deny that. If you enjoy these types of games, by all means you should go for it and you will enjoy it. But just my 2 cents, I'd wait 'till the price drops, and just use your '09 for now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.