GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/04/07 at 16:27
"possibly impossible"
I'm about to get in my car and head off down the lovely M5. (actually, it's not a bad motorway at all and very scenic) So what better way to leave than with a topic on driving?

Now I have to drive 4 days a week to work and back, a round trip of about 75 miles. At the weekend I need to drive into the city with the kids, which can be great or very painful depending on how bad the traffic is. But for the most part I actually enjoy driving if I know where I'm going and know what to expect. What I don't like is driving to new places for the first time. It's strange, but I don't like unknown roads unless I'm relaxed and don't have to be somewhere in a hurry. I do enjoy motorway driving though, the kind where you're actually moving, as opposed to stuck in a jam (which hardly ever happens around here, except on the sunniest of Bank Holidays, another reason to love the M5 south of Bristol).

So how do you feel about driving? Are you a better passenger than driver? I certainly prefer the freedom of driving to being a passenger in a car, especially as I get travel sick if I close my eyes. On public transport I'm fine, but then public transport around here is a joke (expensive and infrequent) so it's not often I use it.
Wed 18/04/07 at 23:02
Regular
Heh, I'm dreading the day I'll have to parallel park too.

It's almost enough to make you want to walk again :^)
Wed 18/04/07 at 19:55
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I started driving around Octoberish, really enjoying it. I haven't attempted parallel parking yet though, not looking forward to it. :-/
Wed 18/04/07 at 18:54
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I love driving, but haven't been driving for long. I drive a Vauxhall Combo, which is a Vectra-style van, so that I can do deliveries for my dad when one van isn't big enough or when it'd just be easier for me to do that rather than him, seeing as I'm only in college one day per week now.

Earlier today I had to do a deliver yfor him and ti was so much fun! I've always been afraid of getting lost, but this time, when I genuinely didn't know where I was going, I just found it ... fun. I was doing a routine delivery to a pub called The Fox, and to get there I would normally cut through a small village called Hainford. But today said road through Hainford was closed for whatever reason, so I had to take the long way round, which I know pretty well because two other delivery destinations are on the same route.

So getting there was easy, but on the way back, I made the mistake of going back through my usual route, so hence encountered the closed road again, but from the other end. HEading in that direction, I only know that one route, so I was stumped. Took a guess at following a sign which simply said "Quarry" and ended up at another pub called the Rose and Crown, which I've never heard before. Followed the road for as long as it went, and just out of luck (I think), I ended up at home! OR at least in my village, which I obviously know well so could find my way home from there.

Was really fun though. I'll have to get lost more often! But obviously not too far away from places I know...
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:41
Regular
I didn't think I was a car person.

Then I bought a car and fell in love with her.
I've since done quite a lot of work on her, doing the oil and filter, air filter, busted brake light, electric wing mirror, spot of mold in the boot :^) , coolant, water that might be getting in, or might just have been spilled...

I don't think I'm going to be able to manage the fuel filter, and there are a few other tasks in the Haines manual I bought that might be out my my league.

I'm also trying to fix the electric window on the driver's door. I think it needs a new motor, but I want to make sure before I try to buy one.

She's beautiful. The paintwork needs a little attention (although there are a couple of more pressing tasks first), and I'm a little worried about the clutch and the accelerator pedal's mechanism (which sticks just a little bit).

I'm in love.
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:27
"possibly impossible"
I'm about to get in my car and head off down the lovely M5. (actually, it's not a bad motorway at all and very scenic) So what better way to leave than with a topic on driving?

Now I have to drive 4 days a week to work and back, a round trip of about 75 miles. At the weekend I need to drive into the city with the kids, which can be great or very painful depending on how bad the traffic is. But for the most part I actually enjoy driving if I know where I'm going and know what to expect. What I don't like is driving to new places for the first time. It's strange, but I don't like unknown roads unless I'm relaxed and don't have to be somewhere in a hurry. I do enjoy motorway driving though, the kind where you're actually moving, as opposed to stuck in a jam (which hardly ever happens around here, except on the sunniest of Bank Holidays, another reason to love the M5 south of Bristol).

So how do you feel about driving? Are you a better passenger than driver? I certainly prefer the freedom of driving to being a passenger in a car, especially as I get travel sick if I close my eyes. On public transport I'm fine, but then public transport around here is a joke (expensive and infrequent) so it's not often I use it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.