GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very annoyed..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/06/03 at 08:11
Regular
Finally got to the boss in Zelda, got the Triforce charts etc (I've been going slow because I'm doing exams/revision...honest), but I'm about to throw my copy of Zelda out the window.

Why?

Because the game freezes ever time I try to enter the Temple of Gods, the game cuts o a different camera angle (where it pans out) then just crashes, and the sound makes a jarring sound. And it hasn't happened the once...every time I try it (currently around the two thousand mark) the crash happens.

Please don't tell me my disc is crapped up, now of all times...
Sat 07/06/03 at 12:18
Regular
Good points, looks like some disc-swapping tomfoolery is in order...
Sat 07/06/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
On a related note I'm happy to say that GAME in Victoria Centre, Nottingham is once more a nice place to go. There seems to have been some sort of staff purge, gone are the morons who were basically PS2 fanboys, and in are the people who genuinelly seem to like each system.

The new people seem to need prompting through everything, like the 10% off pre-owned games, promotions e.t.c. but I'm sure they'll get there in the end. Now Gamestation seems to have gone somewhat crap, and Another World training it's staff using the Clerks film (from the crap level of service), I'd say GAME in Victoria Centre is best place for GAMES in Nottingham. *collapses with shock*
Sat 07/06/03 at 12:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> He wants a Zelda disk, he never asked for someone to hump his leg.

Yeah, we have to really sort out that new member of staff, he doesn't understand 'customer satisfaction'.
Sat 07/06/03 at 11:44
Regular
He wants a Zelda disk, he never asked for someone to hump his leg.
Sat 07/06/03 at 11:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Come into GAME in Wimbledon.

I'll elp you out.
Sat 07/06/03 at 11:25
Regular
I think the GAME option would work the best, won't cost a penny and hell if you can't be bothered to go into to town to get a copy, just order it off the website and send it back. They do they same 10 day no fuss returns policy on the site, it's like a free rental service that also delivers.
Sat 07/06/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Why not take it back to the store you bought it from ?

Or, if that's not possible, try an easy retailer to exchange it ? A lot of retailers will cave in and give an exchange with no receipt if you just want the same game, works better if you can get a parent to do it as they're less likely to think you're pulling some sort of scam.

Failing that, rent Zelda from Blockbuster and do a disc swap if your Blockbuster doesn't mark discs, mine doesn't, though I've never actually swapped any discs 'cause I've had no problems with any games.

Or, buy a copy of the game from somewhere like GAME, then take back the next day, having swapped the discs.

Be creative ;)
Sat 07/06/03 at 10:16
Regular
Aw, too bad but as long as the save file is on your memory card you won't lose your progress.
Sat 07/06/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oh dear, I just realised that I wrote you're, instead of your.

Too tired.
Sat 07/06/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I suggest two things.

- Clean lens
- Stick a hoover to the fans on both sides- there may be alot of dust inside.

And if that doesn't work, then you're disc is crapped up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.